TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

If anything. MM needs some in park transportation for sure.

For REAL. Disneyland isn't as big and doesn't have the massive hill and it still has the monorail and the train (and formerly the People Mover). The Orient Express is nice, but there definitely needs to be more than that.

probably the third best flume ride in So. Cal.

So behind Splash Mountain, Timber Mountain Log Ride, and what else? Oh, so last place?

Cup half full or cup half empty. Just depends on your outlook on life. When in fact they're exactly the same.

Mine is cup full of whiskey or cup full of tequila, just depends on my outlook for the day ... lol

For REAL. Disneyland isn't as big and doesn't have the massive hill and it still has the monorail and the train (and formerly the People Mover). The Orient Express is nice, but there definitely needs to be more than that.

Needs something to help get up the mountain from the goldrusher area...

LEAKED PHOTO OF THE NEW FLEET!

That's not a thing is it?

...and it turns out it is for something completely different granted. How oddly appropriate for California to have a county named Yolo though (even if the etymology is different).

Edited by Generic Name

There used to be a monorail, but all that's left are a couple supports and the ruins of an old station. Currently all they have in the way of transportation is the Oriental Express, a two way funicular that shuttles you up and down the steep mountain. On really hot days it becomes my favorite ride in the park.

204585476_25-orientalexpresstatsu.thumb.jpg.38fad77094c835ae9512e22cafc11ed8.jpg

There used to be a monorail, but all that's left are a couple supports and the ruins of an old station. Currently all they have in the way of transportation is the Oriental Express, a two way funicular that shuttles you up and down the steep mountain. On really hot days it becomes my favorite ride in the park.

Right, Metro; I remember reading about it here and seeing the pictures of the trains in rather sorry states. Makes me wonder why they took it out.

At least they have a funicular.

Back in the day, there was also a SkyWay where Superman currently stands (station is still visible behind Superman gift kiosk and restroom area).

And (besides the already discussed metro and Orient Express), there was another weird transport that went from Jetstream to Ninja's current station. If you think the station layout is weird, it's because it used to be home to a large circular platform that cycled cars up and down the hill. Unfortunately I'm not familiar at all with this ride, and if anybody has pictures, it would be great to see! The lower station for that ride is currently standing to the left of Jet Stream's entrance and Ninja's final lift hill.

For a park SFMM's size, it is a little weird that it doesn't have a better park-wide transportation system. Personally, being the 'thrill capital of the world,' I would love to see a launch coaster type ride, circling the park and having 3 or 4 stations. Of course its a pipe dream, but in my head, it's a good pipe dream!

This is true. They closed one side down. Even when I first started going I. The late eighties. It was only one side. But I've seen old maps, and if you look at the google map you can still see the upper building with its two exits for both skyways