TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Everybody needs to remember to divide all the stats (number of airtime hills, number of inversions, and ride time) by two, since this will undoubtedly be a dual loading platform coaster. If you want a 4 minute ride you will have to wait in line twice for two 2 minute rides.

Really?? Just WATCH the video!! It goes through the course twice.

Everybody needs to remember to divide all the stats (number of airtime hills, number of inversions, and ride time) by two, since this will undoubtedly be a dual loading platform coaster. If you want a 4 minute ride you will have to wait in line twice for two 2 minute rides.

Nope.

Edit: Also, this train design concept looks pretty neat. The vents are a little steampunk.

Double Edit: better picture

hp_twistedcolossusla.jpg?itok=H-edPWW8

Edited by i<3coasters

RCDB says the ride only has two trains I can see the lines all the way back to Apocalypse already

WELL IF RCDB SAYS IT

Dont sass me Miss, just going by what it says since we have no other info and we kno how cheap Six Flags is...

If this is a single circuit- single track coaster with two lifts, then please explain to everybody why you would have to wait in line twice?

ONE CIRCUIT, ONE TRACK, ONE RIDE, TWO LIFTS!

You can wait in line twice if you want but I don't know what ride you think you are going on.

RCDB says the ride only has two trains I can see the lines all the way back to Apocalypse already

WELL IF RCDB SAYS IT

It must be true! Just like everything on Wikipedia. There goes my theory on four trains and a dual loading station.

I really don't care if they duel. Knowing six flags they'll have one side SBNO in a few years

That would be quite impossible.

Robb, sorry you had to see a post like that ^.

It's only gonna be one side. You can see in the video that the train will come back around and hit the second lift hill. The Blue track will change to green under the structure where the green track hits the brake run...

You need to get your eyes checked. Or maybe you're just a moron.

4 trains with dual loading stations would be ideal (in theory) because that way you could pretty much ensure that the 110 second dispatch interval was met for at least one of the two trains in the loading station(s) -- not that SFMM hasn't met a dispatch interval that it couldn't miss, but this would be difficult for even them to do.

Ok I'm not an engineer, but here's my 2 cents.... (Only applies if SFMM actually wants Twisted Colossus to duel)

Based on simple timing the 110 second mark might be the maximum time to allow trains to duel (i.e. Train 1 leaves, if train 2 hasn't been dispatched within 110 seconds, then Train 1 goes through the course the second time without dueling). Going through half of the course will take less than a minute, and based on the animation where the train rockets up the second lift hill, I can't imagine it would take 50 seconds to get to the top (Original Colossus took 30 seconds from the Bottom). The only way it would take this long (50 seconds) is if the 2nd lift slows down waiting for the 1st train, at the maximum time of a 110 second interval, but if the 2nd train is more than 110 seconds behind the 1st, then Train 1 will simply be sent through the 2nd half without dueling, so that Train 1 isn't waiting on the lift hill forever. This could mean that we could see closer to 90 second dispatches, which puts capacity around 1000 riders per hour.

Also given how slow RMC's (with the exception of Outlaw Run) make their way through the Break Run, I think this would only work with 4 trains.

I hope I made sense.

Yes, it will use 3 trains, in the video at 1:41 you can see a train on the brake run, and then 2 on the lift hills.
Like how Full Throttle will have a train go over the hill and one through the loop at the same time...

I don't see this ever dualing after at least the first season. It even shows on the video how they aren't at the top at the same time, which makes me wonder WHY they would show that for a promotional video, and not have it go down the lifts together. You showed something impossible for Full Throttle, why not for Twisted Colossus?

Edited by RCF

Yes, it will use 3 trains, in the video at 1:41 you can see a train on the brake run, and then 2 on the lift hills.
Like how YOLOcoaster will have a train go over the hill and one through the loop at the same time...

True that might not be accurate but I think logically 3 trains would be the best way to do it.

Edit: Actually, 2 trains couldn't work, because after one of the trains has finished the green course, which train would be on the lift with the other one as it starts the green course?

Edited by willthegolfer

Since Colossus County Fair is becoming a newly themed area "Back Alley" I'd like to think they'll be giving Scream a new coat of paint. Probably the worst faded paint in the park besides Tatsu. If they're giving that whole area a facelift ,they really shouldn't leave Scream looking like that.

Like how YOLOcoaster will have a train go over the hill and one through the loop at the same time...

True that might not be accurate but I think logically 3 trains would be the best way to do it.

That sounds about right. They'll probably start with 4, then ops will drop the ball after the first few weeks, then take off one of the trains just cuz.

Since Colossus County Fair is becoming a newly themed area "Back Alley" I'd like to think they'll be giving Scream a new coat of paint. Probably the worst faded paint in the park besides Tatsu. If they're giving that whole area a facelift ,they really shouldn't leave Scream looking like that.

Maybe they'll give it a semi-steampunk-ish theme like Twisted Colossus or maybe a graffiti style for contrast. Wishful thinking, though...