TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

So this is a 2AM news drop it seems, As I think SF usually drops all the park news at once

I have been told by several Six Flags parks that the national announcement spanning all parks happens at 5am eastern time, and then all the parks will follow with individual, more detailed announcement within the next hour or so after.

So I'd say most everything will be announced between 5am - 7am eastern time.

All this Twisted Colossus excitement actually made me boot up in bootcamp last night to play a little No Limits 2.

Five minutes later, I remembered how awful Windows is and instantly rebooted back to OSX.

HAHA, shoot i'll keep it old school with rct2!

Would love to try no limits but don't know where to start.

All this Twisted Colossus excitement actually made me boot up in bootcamp last night to play a little No Limits 2.

Five minutes later, I remembered how awful Windows is and instantly rebooted back to OSX.

How to start no limits..

Step one: Start a building a coaster.

Step two: Realize It will kill people.

Step three: Give up and throw hat down in frustration.

Step four: Repeat.

How to start no limits..

Step one: Start a building a coaster.

Step two: Realize It will kill people.

Step three: Give up and throw hat down in frustration.

Step four: Repeat.

LOL! That sounds about right! Or it could be step four, take my Synergy Bat to the monitor.

So we are coming down to the twilight hours, aren't we? I've made some predictions over the past month or so based on some personal speculation. Here's what I have thought.

First off, my bet is completely on steel track RMC (along with SFNE for 2015). I have a feeling it will be single station, double lift to take the record for length. It will be timed to race/duel and could feature a Dauling Dragons style high five element (but more intense I imagine). I also hope they go for the record of most airtime on a coaster! Six Flags is all about records, so why not two records that are both hard to beat?!

What do you guys think? I know a lot of that has been posted to Screamscape, but I wanted to post something before the end of the month.

I see them painting the new wood white, and giving the track some nice accent colors. I would like to see some different colors. Blue and Red are cool, but I'd love to see how something standout, like Green or Yellow would fit! I really like the Blue and Green of Carowinds, one track blue and one green would look great!

So before any more is leaked or announced, I want to post my final hopes and predictions, and I'm still pushing for everything I've said.

Although beating the record for length seems a bit crazy for Six Flags (especially after seeing how they built only half of Full Throttle), do you guys think any of this is a possibility? Could California finally be getting an airtime machine?? Could we finally be getting a World-Class, top ten coaster in California?? I'm getting excited!

So we are coming down to the twilight hours, aren't we? I've made some predictions over the past month or so based on some personal speculation. Here's what I have thought.

First off, my bet is completely on steel track RMC (along with SFNE for 2015). I have a feeling it will be single station, double lift to take the record for length. It will be timed to race/duel and could feature a Dauling Dragons style high five element (but more intense I imagine). I also hope they go for the record of most airtime on a coaster! Six Flags is all about records, so why not two records that are both hard to beat?!

What do you guys think? I know a lot of that has been posted to Screamscape, but I wanted to post something before the end of the month.

I see them painting the new wood white, and giving the track some nice accent colors. I would like to see some different colors. Blue and Red are cool, but I'd love to see how something standout, like Green or Yellow would fit! I really like the Blue and Green of Carowinds, one track blue and one green would look great!

So before any more is leaked or announced, I want to post my final hopes and predictions, and I'm still pushing for everything I've said.

Although beating the record for length seems a bit crazy for Six Flags (especially after seeing how they built only half of YOLOcoaster), do you guys think any of this is a possibility? Could California finally be getting an airtime machine?? Could we finally be getting a World-Class, top ten coaster in California?? I'm getting excited!

It's possible, one can only hope!

As great as this announcement will probably be, I still do not think it is worth risking pulling an all-nighters for the announcement of an SFMM coaster. If I had done that for the announcement of the last new coaster, I would have been quite pissed.

^You know, you're kinda right. The last full length coaster we have gotten was Tatsu....Apocolypse, Green Lantern, and Full throttle have all been fairly underwhelming. Underwhelming in the sense of 'well that's cool, but where's the rest of it?!!?!'

Thanks Robb......! Gonna wake up, grab a bowl of Fruity Pebbles and wait for the Twisted Colossus Revenge announcement

!

Can I put in an early vote (nay) on the blue font?

Thanks for the pictures and updates, guys, as a guy a long ways away from the park I appreciate it -- I guess I never really spent enough time looking/thinking about how much Goliath really interacts with Colossus. I always just think of the one spot where the supports shoot out from the middle of the old wood structure, but obviously they a fair bit more intertwined....and that's interesting about the picnic tables idea and the "hole" in the structure!

Have to say that out of all of the Six Flags parks, it seems like this will be the most watched this year...right?

Apocalypse has been rattling a LOT on my last few visits so nowadays its very underwhelming, but it wasn't a few years ago. Green Lantern is evil and YOLOcoaster is underwhelming for what it could have been. You can build the tallest vertical loop in the world anywhere you want. You can't build a terrain-launch coaster like Helix anywhere you want. FT takes up a special place in the park, geographically and historically, that could have been designated for something really special, not some dance club area.

^You know, you're kinda right. The last full length coaster we have gotten was Tatsu....Apocolypse, Green Lantern, and YOLOcoaster have all been fairly underwhelming. Underwhelming in the sense of 'well that's cool, but where's the rest of it?!!?!'

I think those 3 rides are pretty decent, especially considering SF spent <30 million combined for them

Here's my final prediction!

-Single track!

-160'-179' tall

-inversion at the top of the lift hill before a straight plummet down.

-longest hybrid coaster (not wooden, but sfmm might just say wooden)

-Twisted Colossus, reveal trailer all dark and gloomy, TV ads all bright and happy and WA- HOAH!

Lets see who's prediction is closest!!

Here's my final prediction!

-Single track!

-160'-179' tall

-inversion at the top of the lift hill before a straight plummet down.

-longest hybrid coaster (not wooden, but sfmm might just say wooden)

-Twisted Colossus, reveal trailer all dark and gloomy, TV ads all bright and happy and WA- HOAH!

Lets see who's prediction is closest!!

Longer and Taller Medusa Steel Coaster type...maybe?

i'm hoping for 200+ feet tho. the Colossus lift hill is really long. adjust that angle and they can easily get there.

Thanks Robb......! Gonna wake up, grab a bowl of Fruity Pebbles and wait for the Twisted Colossus Revenge announcement

!

Can I put in an early vote (nay) on the blue font?

Yes. Please kill that blue font annoyance. Thank you.