TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I need a drink after reading through all these recent post.

I can't get over everyone complaining about a drop on a roller coaster that may or may not be twisted. Hell for all we know it could become dueling coasters and RMC will have one with a straight drop and one with a drop that inverts over the straight drop. However, apparently half of you won't ride it because the drop twist...

I seriously can't get over the complaints about a ride we know NOTHING about...

My head is hurting reading some of these posts and the complaints about a first drop on something that is just speculation at this point

No amount of Advil seems to help.

Seriously, aghh. So many complaints about something no one has any details on and then to say SFMM could have had a top 10 as if we have already been given data.

This is all getting to meta at this point - complaints about the complaints about the complaints about the complaints!

Anyway, I guess I am just greedy but I, too, am surprised at the lack of photo updates from the park - both here and elsewhere! Seems we saw the pics of the crane working on the lift motor, and that's it! Sounds like more work has been progressing, be fascinating to see/hear an update.

Also, anyone hear anything on the Sky Tower? I guess it's elevator issues, but has there actually been anything going on with that - or have they just mothballed it for now?

if i lived closer i'd go over and take pics. traffic and 50 miles keeps me away. really wanted to go this week, but not happening. seems every now and then i hear/read nothing much has changed tho.

maybe the tower is down cause they are hiding the track in the trees and don't want anyone to see it.

If you want flat rides go to Knott's. The drop of doom is enough for me at a park I go to for roller coasters.

Yeah, but they are loosing out on a market to be tapped. They have plenty of room to add a frisbee, and maybe a Disk-O. Add some rides like that, and maybe they would get more than the coaster enthusiast to visit the park. I have trouble getting people to go with me to the park...not because of them of hating on Six Flags, but not everybody is into coasters, coasters, and more coasters. As much as I love them, I also really like frisbees and Disk-Os.

And yes, those are the people that go to Knott's....business Six Flags is missing out on.

Edited by scottiemon

if i lived closer i'd go over and take pics. traffic and 50 miles keeps me away.

Best I can tell from my UN-trained eye is not much of anything going on. Sure there is a pile of scrap wood that appears to perhaps be from Colossus. But i sure cant tell where it might have been removed from. There is a welder type set up on the top of main lift. To me it still looks like a working Colossus but again with my trained eye I know its not working and only things missing are the trains.

Am I like the only one that actually likes the name twisted colossus? I think it sounds pretty darn cool. And I don't have an opinion on the drop cause like I'm still trying to figure out how it's going to like get around the inversion before the drop....yeah but idk whatever.
You haven't seen any B&M Wing Coasters have you?

Am I like the only one that actually likes the name twisted colossus? I think it sounds pretty darn cool. And I don't have an opinion on the drop cause like I'm still trying to figure out how it's going to like get around the inversion before the drop....yeah but idk whatever.

I love the name, and now that the twisted drop has been hinted at, I love it even more. Most people will still call it Colossus anyway no matter what they put in front of it.

The only logical way in which so many people could complain about a drop like this would be if Togo somehow came back to life and decided to do a drop like the rumored one like TC. Then I could understand complaining about an unannounced coaster.

And I know there is a lot of complaining about complaining on the Carowinds thread. However, that is a bit of a different story, because the complete layout of Fury as already been announced, and rides with some similar features have already been built, so people can more rightfully have an opinion on the layout for the time being. However, you cannot have an opinion on an announcement that does not yet exist.

RMC could make this their worst creation by far, and it would still be the best coaster on the west coast. Manta and Gold Striker are probably the best coasters in CA, but both of these pale in compriso to almost any large Intamin, any RMC, or anything from Chance since Phantom's Revenge opened.

I'm just upset because this was sfmm one real shot at a top 10 coaster, and there's not one top 10 coaster with a twisting drop. Just saying

You're worried about a top 10 ride and it hasn't even been announced yet? People never learn.

Yeah pretty lame.

Complaints about complaining! But then I guess I'm complaining about complaining about complaining. Perhaps someone will complain about me complaining about complaining about complaining.

Let's see if Twisted Colossus has as many inversions as the the number of times "complaining" has appeared in the this thread the last few days

Complaints about complaining! But then I guess I'm complaining about complaining about complaining. Perhaps someone will complain about me complaining about complaining about complaining.

Let's see if Twisted Colossus has as many inversions as the the number of times "complaining" has appeared in the this thread the last few days

Lol!

Holy balls I go away for a day and I come back to 5 pages of whining about a twisty drop.

Edit - Looks like Jew took care of that note...

Edited by KBrylczyk

If there is a twisty drop, by the rumors I'm guessing it would be a half barrel roll to a quarter loop with a 180 degree nearly-vertical spiral to follow..now that sounds pretty awesome. It doesn't sound like a B&M wing-rider drop or anything else I can think of, and I seriously doubt anyone will be truly disappointed by this ride if it is built by RMC. Hopefully we find out what this is tomorrow!