TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

It'd be amazing if Colossus got the RMC treatment, but one thing that concerns me are the large, slow turns after the 1st, 3rd(ish) and 5th drops. Other conversions like Texas Giant, Medusa and Rattler all had a decent amount of speed going through most of their elements before the conversion, and though they did have their slow parts, they weren't nearly as large as the ones present on Colossus. RMC might have to completely change the layout of Colossus and, given the coaster's age (it predates the oldest coaster RMC converted by 12 years) and girth, that may be a challenge.

Not saying that is isn't possible, but it's something to think about.

^Not something to worry about though.

And it should not really be a challenge to them as they know what they would be doing and if they felt the design called for changes like that to improve the ride you can be sure they will have it handled no problem. It may be a challenge in the sense of it's size and the dual tracks, but should not be an issue.

I heard MM is adding three new kiddie coasters in order to hang on to their coaster title for a while, as well as having the record for the most kiddie coasters.

1) YOLO Jr. 2) Superman Jr. 3) Batman Jr.

The 3 coasters will have a total combined track length of 2,500 ft.

Edited by FaithPlus1

I'm hearing from inside sources that the name of the RMC Colossus will be TWISTED COLOSSUS! This is from a trusted source that has been right about all additions so far... So I'm excited to see if this will indeed be the name of the coaster.

This thread has been dead lately! And we are 4 days from the announcement! Last minute predictions/opinions anyone?

I'm hearing from inside sources that the name of the RMC Colossus will be TWISTED COLOSSUS! This is from a trusted source that has been right about all additions so far... So I'm excited to see if this will indeed be the name of the coaster.

This thread has been dead lately! And we are 4 days from the announcement! Last minute predictions/opinions anyone?

Twisted Colossus? Don't like the name at all.