TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

They are gonna make a ride like Outlaw Run but 10x better. They wouldn't close Colossus for just another ride.

Big talker over here. The general consensus that I've seen is that the conversions are great rides but Outlaw Run is still king of RMCs since it's a totally custom design.

I'll like to see a Papa Johns and Johnny Rockets take over the Colossus spot. Do they dare to also add a Starbucks?

I think Cedar Fair had Johnny Rocket's on lockdown (I could be wrong). It'll be the world's largest Panda Express. Also no Starbucks, they're not classy enough. It'll be a blatant Starbucks ripoff. "SpaceDollars"

Could very well be for the trains. I could be wrong but I believe that the trains were fiberglass. Fiberglass is very heavy compared to other materials

Even if there was zero fiberglass involved, do you have any idea how heavy the undercarriage of those trains are?

I'll like to see a Papa Johns and Johnny Rockets take over the Colossus spot. Do they dare to also add a Starbucks?

I think Cedar Fair had Johnny Rocket's on lockdown (I could be wrong). It'll be the world's largest Panda Express. Also no Starbucks, they're not classy enough. It'll be a blatant Starbucks ripoff. "SpaceDollars"

No there are Johnny Rockets at SFDK, and now that I think about it there's one at SFMM, or there was when I was there last summer as I remember buying a shake - I think thats the only time I've ever bought any food in the park! Anyway so it's not exclusive to Cedar Fair. Personally I think it's an abomination to even call those in-park locations a Johnny Rockets. The food they serve is as bad as any other bland no-name park food, nothing like the awesome food you get in a normal Johnny Rockets. That company should be angry at what this poor product is doing to their reputation. I'm sure many people buy the park food first and assume thats just what Johnny Rockets is and then never go to one of the restaurants.

Could very well be for the trains. I could be wrong but I believe that the trains were fiberglass. Fiberglass is very heavy compared to other materials

Even if there was zero fiberglass involved, do you have any idea how heavy the undercarriage of those trains are?

About a ton or so. My original post sounded a lot better in my head. But if you think about it, how else would they remove the trains? A crane is the only thing that I can think of.

Six Flags would never get Starbucks. If they get branded coffee it would probably be something like 7-11 Cafe Select stands since they have 7-11 branded Slurpees. Besides Starbucks likes working with family owned parks like Knoebels. Brands that would fit Six Flags are Little Caesars, Arby's, Burger King, or Jack in the Box.

ok. . I'm gonna make my guess now!

I think track one is going to be TOTALLY enclosed --like Goldstriker, but with MORE plywood.

That way Six Flags can call it the worlds longest dark ride!

and track two will be converted into a Roller-soaker!

what?

it could happen!