TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Dueling Colossus.

Why? Well, this is Six Flags, they've really got two types of ride names lately. Either thinly-veiled racism (Zumanjaro, Kingda Ka) or blatantly obvious (Iron Rattler, New Texas Giant).

Has anyone tried using the initials of known names associated with the park's history to get a result? For example, after remembering the park was using call backs to National Lampoon's Vacation in those photo props, my mom and I used Chevy Chase's initials and got "California Colossus."

I know it's short notice, but is anyone in SoCal willing to go to SFMM tomorrow? I bought found tickets and we have three people so far. I'm subsidizing a ticket plus FlashPass Gold, so it'll be $70. Let me know if you're interested. We're leaving from West Hollywood.

Dueling Colossus.

Why? Well, this is Six Flags, they've really got two types of ride names lately. Either thinly-veiled racism (Zumanjaro, Kingda Ka) or blatantly obvious (Iron Rattler, New Texas Giant).

Maybe it's me but I never thought of Zoomanjaro or Kingda Ka as racist names. Not any more than El Toro, Sheikra, or Ninja

Dueling Colossus.

Maybe it's me but I never thought of Zoomanjaro or Kingda Ka as racist names. Not any more than El Toro, Sheikra, or Ninja

It was a joke. You really need to stop posting to our forums.

Dueling Colossus.

Busch Gardens used to be called "The Dark Continent." Talk about racist!

I hope when (if) the ride opens in it's new incarnation, they take the structure's lighting effects to a whole new level. Maybe LEDs or something. Hell if they figure out how to do projection the projection style effects like Disney does on Cinderella Castle, maybe they could make the structure look like it's wrapped in the logo of whichever sponsor is footing the bill for the ride that month!