TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Has anybody went to Honda ERT? I was curious on how it worked. Do they give you a "ticket" confirming that you are driving a Honda when you arrive at the parking booth? The website states you just show your Honda key and admission ticket for early entry to the park.

The reason I am asking this is because our family has two cars. The wife typically drives the Honda, and will be unavailable to me this Friday. Can I still get in with only my key, even though I did not arrive in my Honda?

^^^Anybody^^^

I'm guessing you needed this info for today... But I'll post about it anyway. When I went, they were letting anybody into the parking lot but they had Honda employees outside the parking booths handing out vouchers for free parking to people in Hondas.

As for early admission, you just show a key right outside the park gates so you don't need to have the vehicle there, just the key. However, when I went it was ERT for Scream and Colossus and they didn't have the rides ready in time so the gates didn't open until 9:50, if I remember correctly. Still enough time for 2 rides on each before heading to the back of the park before everyone else got in and walking on Batman and Riddler's Revenge.

Yes, I did go today, and it was just as you stated, thank God. Today was Goliath and Drop of Doom. Strange day today. Got on Throttle in a half hour at 2:15, and X2 in 10 minutes at 4:30. Saw people with flash passes and felt a bit sorry for them. Unless you wanted to ride Colossus, there were no crazy lines. 8 hours, 15 rides, magic show, and lunch at the FT sports bar. A great day indeed.

They just confirmed on Twitter that the name is in that Facebook post.

I'm going with Xtreme Collosus.

It could be a two-word combo name, "Titan Xtreme"??? I guess we'll all see soon enough....

sfmm_twitter.png.d1f8085222eafa09a53a34cdf18d4b15.png

sfmm_facebook.png.4436174fe1a1624e32922cc26332b678.png

Edited by kongker

I'll be a little sad to see the original Colossus go away. It's one of my personal favorite classic designs. Its massive white wash structure is just beautiful (although not so beautiful now that so much of the paint has flaked away). If RMC is coming in to do their magic, I really hope they build it so that it still has a "classic coaster" look to it.

For a name, I'm gonna go with Mega Colossus, as I can see Six Flags raising the height of the lift hill to around 200 ft to make it the first hyper hybrid coaster.

Edited by SFOGdude25

Please let the name of the ride be Water Sisters. Please let the name of the ride be Water Sisters. Please let the name of the ride be Water Sisters. Please let the name of the ride be ...

I'm gonna assume we're looking at Mega Colossus. Though I'd really like to take this opportunity to put a vote towards Mecha Colossus.

The worst name I could come up with is Xtreme X3, but why do they have "Queue" as an option?!?!? It's not like it's going to be "Xtreme Queue"

What was the ride's name in National Lampoon Vacation? Maybe the fact that they had all of those displays about the movie could somehow be a clue. Because you can't really do the ride's actual name on the chart since it's only one word.

Edit: The ride's name was Screemy Meemy which on the chart came out to "Screaming Medusa." I seriously doubt that would be the name...

So much for that theory.

I'd bet money on them keeping the word Colossus in the name, but I think it'll still have a word in front of it. What about King Colossus? This whole time since they announced the closure they've been calling the ride "The King of Roller Coasters".

I'd bet money on them keeping the word Colossus in the name, but I think it'll still have a word in front of it. What about King Colossus? This whole time since they announced the closure they've been calling the ride "The King of Roller Coasters".

King isn't one of the words on the list.