TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

The good news is Six Flags guests do not have to worry about this happening on Scream...

#notreestobeseen Parking Lot Y0L0 $wag

If a tree in the forest falls on Scream, does anyone give a shit?

Wow...Glad I didn't plan a trip to Magic Mountain this month if Green Lantern and Ninja are both down now. Looks like Six Flags handled this well, but I have a feeling the media will still beat them up over this. Glad no one got seriously injured. Wish I could say the same about that kid in Spain that got killed on Inferno...That's pretty sad.

Well hopefully SFMM will now clear some of the tree's around these rides. In my opinion, i think they should closed the park January and February and take care of the arbor and other needed fixing up! Revolution would be next ride for a tree to fall on the track and cause some damage. I love this park and it was my first employment, so it hits hard when something goes wrong regardless if it was nature or mechanical.

^^I don't think clearing all the trees is the answer. Let's try to leave whatever charm, shade, and natural beauty the park still has in place please! There are plenty of coasters and rides that go 'through the trees' and are just fine.

Well hopefully SFMM will now clear some of the tree's around these rides. In my opinion, i think they should closed the park January and February and take care of the arbor and other needed fixing up! Revolution would be next ride for a tree to fall on the track and cause some damage. I love this park and it was my first employment, so it hits hard when something goes wrong regardless if it was nature or mechanical.

There was already an incident with a tree branch on Revolution this year, which caused it to be closed for almost 6 months.

Six Flags released a statement yesterday that implies that he ride will be up and running after an inspection:

Earlier this evening, a tree branch fell on the track of the roller coaster, Ninja, obstructing the train. Park medical staff and local paramedics were immediately called to the scene. Of the 22 guests safely evacuated, two were transported to a local hospital for precautionary measures.

The safety of our guests and employees is our number one priority and as a precaution, the ride will remain closed until a thorough inspection of the area is complete.

After reading about this all morning and seeing the pictures I for one have a lot more faith in the safety of these rides and already felt completely safe. We saw possibly the worst care scenario for any coaster in a derailment. The branch fell and caused the front car to come off the track yet the thing was still strong enough to hold it up and keep everyone safe.

^^I don't think clearing all the trees is the answer. Let's try to leave whatever charm, shade, and natural beauty the park still has in place please! There are plenty of coasters and rides that go 'through the trees' and are just fine.

I agree with this. No reason to go crazy with clear cutting if the remaining trees are OK.

We saw possibly the worst care scenario for any coaster in a derailment.

Are you sure you don't mean BEST case scenario? I can think of a considerable number of ways this could have been a lot worse.

I think what Ape meant was that the coaster kept its riders relatively safe despite one of the worst possible situations for the ride - a large foreign object obstructing the wheels of a coaster below the tracks while it was (relatively) high above the ground.