TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^^ I think they're referring to how it's inverted track and it would be odd for a branch to come to a rest on it. Granted, anything is possible, but I see their point.

This commentary on the rescue effort is actually kind of hilarious. So unprofessional...

That said, it looks like the chassis itself came unhinged from the track... I doubt it hit a tree though. You know the media... coaster derails... trees nearby... BREAKING NEWS: ROLLER COASTER HITS TREE.

Honestly, it just looks like a mechanical failure. And that is just speculation... I worked the ride for a while and know a lot about it but I'm not OSHA or the state inspectors...

"Where did the rest of the ride go? Did it fall?"

Someone fire this guy. He shouldn't be saying this stuff on a live stream.

I can see where he got confused. There's a veil like thing in front of the train to cover some of the mechanical. But I agree, totally stupid to say that on air...

In defense of the guy, it really sounds like it's supposed to be internal communication between the speaker, the pilot, and perhaps someone else at the station. I wonder why they set up the live stream to play that audio?

Stream just cut out.

The fact that they're just now chaining the train to the track is disturbing. They've evacuated all but two cars... what if the weight distribution had shifted enough that the train started rolling one way or the other while maintenance was climbing all over the track?

^^^ They obviously strapped the train onto the track. The first car needs a lot more attention to strap up because there will be weight and balance issues once they start unloading them. Why make everyone else on the train wait? The rest of the train unloading probably was routine for fire rescue.

Police and fire are reporting that a tree fell on the tracks. I think that wording is confusing people, but to put it in other words, it was probably a tree leaning on the tracks... or making contact with the tracks...

Edited by asimowalk

Wow this is unfortunate, good thing everyone is ok. It could have been much worse. Hopefully this is not the end of Ninja, if the park was thinking about removing it, this may be the icing on the cake. Hopefully not though, one of my favorite rides there. The train and chassis do look damaged though...

^^^ They obviously strapped the train onto the track. The first car needs a lot more attention to strap up because there will be weight and balance issues once they start unloading them. Why make everyone else on the train wait? The rest of the train unloading probably was routine for fire rescue.

They obviously should have done that first... not after more than half of the train had already been evacuated.

They obviously should have done that first... not after more than half of the train had already been evacuated.

I get the feeling you're forgetting what park we're dealing with...

I get the feeling you're forgetting what park we're dealing with...

Frankly, I wouldn't second guess how the park and the rescue team are handling the evacuation, as there's a lot we don't know yet.