TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Hopefully the person who wrote this song isn't a member on these forums reading all the lambasts

The guy that posted above you IS the guy reading all the lambasts XD.

Look, I know the song is crap. I just thought it was funny. And I must say I agree with the lyrics!

The song may be crap, but the cause isn't! Revolution is rattling and falling apart as we speak, it must be restored!!! Onward, sir knights, let's convince MM to remove the OTS's! Charge!

I stopped, after the date came up.
Glad I am not the only one. I tried... But the song was just to much. I vote... Tear it down and build an aquatrax!!! (what it was bound to be said some time) In all seriousness though, I hope Revolution gets the TLC it needs, oh yes, and the removal of the OTSR's.

I remember for a long time (urban legend?) the reason for OTSR is that it is a CA regulation. Is that actually true though? While it would be nice to see a restoration of Revolution, really hope the money goes somewhere else. Unless they can do it on a reasonable budget, but generally I am hoping SFMM is thinking bigger, as a way to be competitive against Universal in 2016.

I remember for a long time (urban legend?) the reason for OTSR is that it is a CA regulation. Is that actually true though? While it would be nice to see a restoration of Revolution, really hope the money goes somewhere else. Unless they can do it on a reasonable budget, but generally I am hoping SFMM is thinking bigger, as a way to be competitive against Universal in 2016.

I think that legend was put to rest when Yolo opened

As far as Universal, they cater to a different market and don't really compete against each other

What I've heard, which is probably as un-true as every other rumor, is that once a restraint is added to a ride in California, that restraint type can't be removed.

I think the dippin dots guy told me that....

I wish I cared enough to go through all the pages of this thread to count how many times I've had to explain the process for ride inspection/certification in California...

Seriously though...There is no rule mandating OTSR's, nor is there any rule preventing them from making changes. The state basically just makes sure the modification is safe by ensuring all the paperwork and processes involving the changes (drawings, inspections, manufacturers approval, training, etc.) are correct.

...be competitive against Universal in 2016.

Edit - To clarify, Universal Hollywood in 2012 brought in 5.91 million guests. Magic Mountain brought in, what, 2.5 million or so? I haven't seen the 2013 numbers but I'm fairly certain they're similar.

Six Flags has finally learned! They opened the plaza at 10:00 with a single separate gold line that would allow entry at 10:20, with rope drop at 10:30. It worked flawlessly and a lot of people were taking advantage of getting lockers and Flash Passes early, etc. this is also going to be a permanent thing since the spiels at the front gate were updated for this.

Also, Full Throttle is back to two trains and X2 is slowly getting its speakers back. Today was a nice quiet day!