TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Although that was happening, I want to again mention that once the train was IN the station, the crew at Tatsu was among the most professional in the entire park. I think the issue was more the employees themselves just milling around the station, therefore forcing the operator to stall the car on the track. Often, both trains were in the station at the same time, which, again...kinda weird, Six Flags!

The last time I was at SFA a few years ago they were actually doing this on a couple of the rides. The train would park outside the station, the main panel op would announce "Visual scan" and then they would bring the train in.

Don't know why my viper photo showed up first when it was 2nd to last? HRR.thumb.jpg.3662f9bb26e72fd9db52f1db00adcee9.jpg

Hot Rod Racer parts are here, but are hard to spot.

108_0110.thumb.JPG.0c9cc0b1da64251f9c2ce83dafd78fdc.JPG

108_0116.thumb.JPG.f7d4a3b90334f675a0fedcacf18f973d.JPG

Wind must have broke the Green Lantern Single Rider sign.

108_0120.thumb.JPG.69bbe6c16ee4987cf2b488bf465b5d3f.JPG

Best place in the park to get food is Food Ect. There Carna Asadas are amazing. They're some of the best I've ever had.

108_0121.thumb.JPG.807b2b555393a78c9ba4e756d328778c.JPG

5 min wait!

108_0124.thumb.JPG.2cf446ac429bfe8cdb3bd8fbe8cbb974.JPG

Full Throttle Night Rehearsal.

108_0111.thumb.JPG.1267fb214e413515b726e515c828cbb0.JPG

The track is gray, not red as they were thought to be. Well unless they get painted.

108_0127.thumb.JPG.4e3da83392effaf882d07e172e10fff0.JPG

x2 and Viper look to be the exact same height from here.

108_0125.thumb.JPG.aec28fe9a53673d49936e1e275246150.JPG

4 times in a row in the front on Viper!

If SFMM's carne asada is some of the best you've had, you need to get out more!

Trust me there better than you would think. SFMM isn't some crappy park. There food options are much better then they used to be.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or if you have never had any Mexican food...ever.

Thanks for all the input guys! I'm going to drop by the park and activate my season pass tomorrow after I land (and maybe get a ride or two in). I decided to get a season pass because it cost less than 2 single day admissions. I love seeing the empty stations and short queues for YOLO! I seriously can't wait to go!

If SFMM's carne asada is some of the best you've had, you need to get out more!

Trust me there better than you would think. SFMM isn't some crappy park. There food options are much better then they used to be.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or if you have never had any Mexican food...ever.

I wasn't being sarcastic. If you tried it, you would agree with me. FYI Carna Asadas are my favorite and I've had them from my different places(outside the park).

Thanks for all the input guys! I'm going to drop by the park and activate my season pass tomorrow after I land (and maybe get a ride or two in). I decided to get a season pass because it cost less than 2 single day admissions. I love seeing the empty stations and short queues for YOLO! I seriously can't wait to go!

Make sure you get the Gold Pass or you won't get in early.

SFMM isn't some crappy park.

Well, there goes your credibility for absolutely anything ever again.

Maybe its dumb luck, but I've never had a bad experience at MM (sans one dining experience at the now ex-Moose Lodge).

Maybe its dumb luck, but I've never had a bad experience at MM (sans one dining experience at the now ex-Moose Lodge).

Me either!

I think SFMM gets a lot of crap just because of it's reputation. Sure, it is quite dirty, the employees aren't too good, and it has a low number of family rides, but I'm never bored there because of the great coaster line-up! I'm okay with sacrificing a little quality for kick-butt rides. It's just the type of park it is.

Make sure you get the Gold Pass or you won't get in early.

And if you do, you still might not. Lately it hasn't been unusual for the gold pass line to get in at the same time as the main gate or later. I've seen it so slow to open the gold line that people start bailing from it after 10:30 and getting in the main line and actually getting in the main gate before the gold line guests.

Why does everyone hate SFMM? They are one of the best parks out there. They don't have many family rides because Knott's and Disneyland are nearby. And their themeing is decent. Yeah, SFMM is not the best (Cedar Point is!), but SFMM is still a really good park. Since 2011 the park has changed and it's much cleaner than it was.

Why does everyone hate SFMM? They are one of the best parks out there. They don't have many family rides because Knott's and Disneyland are nearby. And their themeing is decent. Yeah, SFMM is not the best (Cedar Point is!), but SFMM is still a really good park.

+1

Why does everyone hate SFMM? They are one of the best parks out there. They don't have many family rides because Knott's and Disneyland are nearby. And their themeing is decent. Yeah, SFMM is not the best (Cedar Point is!), but SFMM is still a really good park. Since 2011 the park has changed and it's much cleaner than it was.

SFMM is one of my home parks. I do not believe that it is one of the best parks out there because it lacks in quality. The park should improve on guest service, putting more quality into their rides and attractions, making the park look more presentable, and having employees be more enthusiastic and more efficient since I see many other parks just in Southern California doing a much better job at this than SFMM. I am not a big fan of the park since I go to the park and face many inconveniences, and the park could be a little nicer in its aesthetics. The park is catered to teenagers, so it obviously will focus on thrill rides, which is understandable, and it is an amusement park establishment, so it is understandable that it won't have the quality of theming of a theme park and it should not need to have that much quality in its theming. I am fine with your opinion and respect it, though I believe it is a bit too far to say this is one of the best parks out there.

+1

You have never been to SFMM before, coasterguy14. So, yeah...

^On the flip side, I DO think it's a really good park for what it is. There are many people on the forum that I think give it too much sh*t because it's 'cool to bag on sfmm.' Needless to say, I've gone more in the last year than I have in a while and I do think that the park does what it needs to do well. It's HUGE when compared to other parks and if you know anything about managing HUGE properties, they actually do it quite well.

SFMM is one of my home parks. I do not believe that it is one of the best parks out there because it lacks in quality. The park should improve on guest service, putting more quality into their rides and attractions, making the park look more presentable, and having employees be more enthusiastic and more efficient since I see many other parks just in Southern California doing a much better job at this than SFMM. I am not a big fan of the park since I go to the park and face many inconveniences, and the park could be a little nicer in its aesthetics. The park is catered to teenagers, so it obviously will focus on thrill rides, which is understandable, and it is an amusement park establishment, so it is understandable that it won't have the quality of theming of a theme park and it should not need to have that much quality in its theming. I am fine with your opinion and respect it, though I believe it is a bit too far to say this is one of the best parks out there.

+1

You have never been to SFMM before, coasterguy14. So, yeah...

I can think what I want, so your argument is completely invalid. If I like the park and like his comment that he made, then I do. It's my opinion. And you should no that that I do not go by that name. My username is CPSFMMCW and on TPR I prefer for you to call me by that.