TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I got a $4.00 large at SFGadv, but it was first filled with ice over the edge, then about 6 ounces of lemonade.

This is why I almost always ask for "no ice". I'd rather have to throw away the last of it because it's gotten warm than to feel like I paid $4 for a cup of ice. (Although, I could probably ask them to give me a little water cup filled with ice, and that would solve that problem...)

^That's actually pretty decent.

^Given the company's financial status, they need all they can get.

The stock is at $40/share. Not sure what you are talking about...

Sears Holdings Corporation's stock price is at $38, yet their revenue has been in the red (eleven digits) for years.

Well, this whole post-bankruptcy status is what I meant. After the restructuring, I'm sure their creditors are still hot on their tail. Its bank lenders only recently approved to lower the borrowing rates and approved the company's ability to use its $200+ million cash on hand. My OP: the company is still far from being financially stable.

I don't think it has anything to do with cutting corners and has everything to do with encouraging the purchase of a refillable bottle.

Many places are downsizing their soda portents lately to appease the whole 'soda is terrible for you' crowd. So, maybe a little of that, but probably more likely a way of making the 15 dollar bottle look like a better deal.

I'm going to be there in two weeks. It'll be on a weekday so I assume crowds won't be horrible, but what approach should we take to hit all the coasters in as little time as possible? The big ones we want to ride are X2, YOLOcoaster, Tatsu, GL:FF and S:EFK. Thanks in advance!

I'm going to be there in two weeks. It'll be on a weekday so I assume crowds won't be horrible, but what approach should we take to hit all the coasters in as little time as possible? The big ones we want to ride are X2, YOLOcoaster, Tatsu, GL:FF and S:EFK. Thanks in advance!

When will you be there? we are going friday May 2nd and Saturday May 3rd...

When will you be there? we are going friday May 2nd and Saturday May 3rd...

Ack! Either 5th-6th or 7th-8th, we're just going to miss you!

Go to Full Throttle first, then X2, Tatsu, S:EFK, then GL:FF. The gold passes get you in 10 mins early(makes a huge difference) or if you have a Discover Credit Card you get in 5 mins early.

I don't think it has anything to do with cutting corners and has everything to do with encouraging the purchase of a refillable bottle.

Many places are downsizing their soda portents lately to appease the whole 'soda is terrible for you' crowd. So, maybe a little of that, but probably more likely a way of making the 15 dollar bottle look like a better deal.

I think you're right about them trying to encourage guests to buy the souvenir bottles. As far as cost goes, if the deal they have with Coke is like Disney's, then they get all their Coke products for free, so drink sales are pure profit for the park. From what I've been told, Coke also supplies the cups (at Disney anyway), so there's no cost to the park in those terms either. The smaller cups would still make sense in order to stretch the product stock further and add onto the already high profits (in fact, Disney downsized their cups too about a year ago- I have proof!), but I think your theory is more correct. It certainly works- I've had a souvenir bottle each year for the past 3 years! The all-day wristbands they offer for purchase on return visits is a great value too- unlimited drinks for about the same price as one regular-size drink!

We were approached and asked where we were from and on a scale of 1-10 how excited we were to ride the larger roller coasters in the park. The follow up question was on a scale of 1-10 how we felt about riding Gold Rusher and Ninja. We answered and he said thanks and it concluded the survey.

It left me feeling like they were putting out feelers on whether to keep them or not.

Hopefully they were just trying to get an idea of the types of rides their guests wanted. I could absolutely see this park removing Ninja it would be a real shame as I think it's one of the best coasters in the park and it's one of the few truly unique experiences they have that takes advantage of their terrain.

^ Beware. Those corporate buyout days spell certain doom for regular guests. At Great Adventure when Pfizer bought out the park every year they would rn out of overflow parking and start bussing people in from the outlet mall a few miles away. Lines are disgusting even with Flash Pass.