TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Did anyone else get the survey asking if the park would benefit from a scream the faster you launch coaster? ( is that what it's called Robb and Elissa just rode one in Japan )

I'm sure that screaming feature will work for years on end and not break down constantly...

Did anyone else get the survey asking if the park would benefit from a scream the faster you launch coaster? ( is that what it's called Robb and Elissa just rode one in Japan )

I'm sure that screaming feature will work for years on end and not break down constantly...

Like Expedition Everest and Disco Yeti?

^Um, NO. The audio is intermittent at best. Tim B. stated @ WCB a few years back that they were determined to get it working as close to 100% as they could but doesn't look like they were successful.

The last survey I received was about food. Looks like the same survey that was sent out for the other parks. I, or course, shared my opinion with the design of the structure being poor. Also, they need to address the environment in which guests are going to enjoy their food. I some areas of SFMM in particular, the outdoor seating is fairly abysmal.

The last ride survey I received is similar to the one that Screamscape reported on. My only takeaway from that survey was that I wish they would actually expand Hurricane Harbor with a new tower or attraction, and not a modification of an exisiting attraction. More attractions for shorter lines, esp. for HH. Enhancing the existing attractions should be an ongoing process irregardless.

The last survey I received was about food. Looks like the same survey that was sent out for the other parks. I, or course, shared my opinion with the design of the structure being poor. Also, they need to address the environment in which guests are going to enjoy their food. I some areas of SFMM in particular, the outdoor seating is fairly abysmal.

The last ride survey I received is similar to the one that Screamscape reported on. My only takeaway from that survey was that I wish they would actually expand Hurricane Harbor with a new tower or attraction, and not a modification of an exisiting attraction. More attractions for shorter lines, esp. for HH. Enhancing the existing attractions should be an ongoing process irregardless.

To get off topic, I always thought a Behemoth Bowl or Rocket Slide would work well there.

^I agree that SOMETHING more should be added. California still has what...ZERO water coasters? You would think SFMM would jump on that opportunity being the (hashtag) thrill capitol of the world.

Actually there is one in Northern California near Sacramento. (But that kind of more makes your point than less that a little waterpark in Roseville has one and SFHH doesn't.)

^I agree that SOMETHING more should be added. California still has what...ZERO water coasters? You would think SFMM would jump on that opportunity being the (hashtag) thrill capitol of the world.

Actually there is one in Northern California near Sacramento. (But that kind of more makes your point than less that a little waterpark in Roseville has one and SFHH doesn't.)

Journey to Atlantis, anyone?

^You do know why nobody has replied in 4 hours, right? I mean, you have to know.

No, not really. Seeing as the statement from you was 'California has zero water coasters,' which was completely inaccurate in both a) the state having one two hours south and b) hydromagnetic water slides not remotely being coasters, I don't see the problem here.

^You do know why nobody has replied in 4 hours, right? I mean, you have to know.

No, not really. Seeing as the statement from you was 'California has zero water coasters,' which was completely inaccurate in both a) the state having one two hours south and b) hydromagnetic water slides not remotely being coasters, I don't see the problem here.

Is there one in San Diego? The one one in Roseville bills itself as "the only water coaster in California".

I visited the park yesterday with a friend and my nephews who are from out of state and in an effort to make the most of the day we arrived 45 minutes to park opening. While waiting in line at the front gates there were a couple of workers doing some quick in-person surveys.

We were approached and asked where we were from and on a scale of 1-10 how excited we were to ride the larger roller coasters in the park. The follow up question was on a scale of 1-10 how we felt about riding Gold Rusher and Ninja. We answered and he said thanks and it concluded the survey.

It left me feeling like they were putting out feelers on whether to keep them or not. I personally really enjoy both of those rides and would really be sad to see them go. Of course this is total speculation on my part, but it's what I took from that survey.

On a side note the cup sizes have shrunk for a "regular drink" yet they are still just under $4.00. I took a picture of the cup next to a toothpick for size comparison.

IMAG0179.thumb.jpg.87d7dd49082e7b47f7f1c4d1ec86fc90.jpg

$4.00 'regular' size drink...now with smaller cups!