TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Well the time has finally come. I'm going to Magic Mountain tomorrow! This is my first time in LA and I love it so far. I'm really looking forward to riding Tatsu and X2 tomorrow, then whatever I can get on after that. I plan on getting Flash Pass because I'll only be there one day. Anyone else going to be there tomorrow?

^^Have a great time. The first time is allways the best. Not that I'm a MM hater, in fact, I really like the park for what it is. But, you''re seeing the park through fresh eyes. Not ones that are jaded. It's so much better that way. Have a blast. And good call on the Flash Pass. Your day will be much better because of it.

^^They basically are asking what is and is not acceptable for employee appearance and how much it affects your visit to the park. They also throw in different scenarios such as providing an image (Photoshopped) of an employee with a tattoo on the arm and dreadlocks operating a ride. Then they ask if this particular appearance would be OK for other lines of business in the park such as maintenance, Life Guard, Security Guard, Games attendant, etc....

They are thinking about modifying their current grooming/appearance policy to allow short beards, short dreadlocks, and women to have any color of nails.

This is a chain-wide survey as they ask you which park you frequent the most.

Edited by DJeXeL

I think Elissa did.

I got the tattoo one, and I made sure to let them know what I think.

As you should. It looks tacky! BUT this is MM we are talking about....

This nice gentlemen will be the pinnacle of guest service.

I think Elissa did.

I got the tattoo one, and I made sure to let them know what I think.

As you should. It looks tacky! BUT this is MM we are talking about....

That's the funny part! When the survey asked how do you think this will affect the image of the park, I was honest and said it wouldn't! Everyone already thinks most Six Flags parks are for teens and gangbangers! Tattoos, long nails, and cornrows won't change that image one way or the other!

I do really hope though that it's not true that they're considering ALL of these changes to the grooming guidelines. Yikes.

Sent. As always, Six Flags writes every sentence in a way making it clear they think their clientele is dumb as bricks (no comment). My intelligence may never recover, but I digress. While I have strong and picky personal opinions, I lean towards thinking it's fine for guests to see employee style choices they may not like or agree with, within reason.

Well the time has finally come. I'm going to Magic Mountain tomorrow! This is my first time in LA and I love it so far. I'm really looking forward to riding Tatsu and X2 tomorrow, then whatever I can get on after that. I plan on getting Flash Pass because I'll only be there one day. Anyone else going to be there tomorrow?

Looks like a perfect day here today at SFMM. Weather in high 80's and pretty low attendance. If you grabbed the Flash Pass you must be exhausted from riding every ride 5-10 times each as its that kind of day.

I had a pretty great day at the park yesterday. The only real blemish was 1 train ops in Yolo, but that was made up for with the gold pass early entry which gave me an extra lap with no wait in the back row of the first train of the day I am appreciative towards the groupers on X2 and Yolo who accomodated our row requests since there was space available especially on Yolo given how busy it was. Yolo had 60+ waits all day due to one train ops, but the ride operators did appear to be doing a pretty good job dispatching trains as fast as they could.

X2 is usually hit or miss on whether they allow you to pick your row, yesterday I had a couple friends with me who had never ridden X2 before despite many visits to SFMM due to bad luck with the ride going down every time they'd go to the park, so they wanted to make sure if they got only one lap it was in the front row. As it turned out we came back for a second lap when the line died down later and lucked out with another front row ride since no one happened to be in row one at the time.

Allow me to continue giving thanks to SFMM (I know I know, crazy), although it didn't feel like X2 was any less rough as it still bruised the hell out of my calves on the second raven turn, it does look like they took advantage of the downtime caused by the chain breakage to fix the inside seats. Before the chain break a majority of the inside seats were stuck all the way down and only short people could fit easily into them. Yesterday I was for the first time in years able to ride on the inside and I looked around and saw many other inside seats accommodating taller guests.

I found Namtab to actually be a bit underwhelming. I was surprised that it wasn't more disorienting and I'm not sure why. The barrel rolls were always a surprise, but the ride did for some reason seem less forceful than before. I wouldn't have thought it would be the case but it was. Sussoloc beat the living hell out of me..it felt as if couplers were loose or something (not saying this is actually the case, just what it felt like) because during the beginning of each drop the car would jerk backwards and forwards violently causing the lap bar to repeatedly kick me in the gut. I've ridden it before during Fright Fest and it wasn't near this painful.

Ironically I had a perfectly balanced ride on Green Lantern with 0 flips. Boring for me, good news for the friend I was riding with.

Overall mild weather and short lines except for Yolo, a very enjoyable day.

I haven't read this thread for a while and was skimming it. A few pages back people were discussing the Sky Tower's potential removal, I don't know why they were talking about it being taken down from the SFMM site, it's still there.

https://www.sixflags.com/magicmountain/attractions/sky-tower

If that was already established, then: