TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Tip: If you ride X2, tie your shoes REALLY tight before you go on and do a double check to make sure they are safely on your feet. I always get the feeling that they'll fall off after the first Raven Turn for some reason and it's an ominous feel.

Is it as good as wearing loose fitting flip flops on Diamondback at Kings Island (you're not allowed to take them off)?

I know! It sucks! You have to press your feet really hard against the shoes. I wonder why they made such stupid rules? Why can't we just put them in the bins with everything else??

^ You could always check on the website. You're lucky that I just did, though $130 for gold, $190 for Platinum, $80 for regular.

So you pay full price for each person? I thought you could 'add' a person for less

Yep, it does suck though

The reason shoes must go with you on the ride is so in the rare event that you have to be unloaded from any place other than the station you won't be bare footed.

That seems like a very good reason, but if it's true it's not consistently enforced because shoes are very frequently left in the station on Tatsu. Many people are so lazy they just leave their shows in the recess below where the trains flip down.

SB @ Knott's they will make you take loose-fitting shoes off. In the event of an evacuation, the operators have a designated "shoe bin" they will use to take the rider's shoes to them wherever they are being evacuated.

I am going to MM sometime next week. It will either be Monday the 7th, Tuesday the 8th, Wednesday the 9th, or Thursday the 10th. Which day do you think would be least packed? How are lines during that time of April? Is it worth it to get Flash Pass? I've never been to the park before and I probably won't go for a while after this so I'd like to get as much as I can in. Any tips on ride order, food choices, etc...? When do most schools in California get out for break?

Thanks.

I am going to MM sometime next week. It will either be Monday the 7th, Tuesday the 8th, Wednesday the 9th, or Thursday the 10th. Which day do you think would be least packed? How are lines during that time of April? Is it worth it to get Flash Pass? I've never been to the park before and I probably won't go for a while after this so I'd like to get as much as I can in. Any tips on ride order, food choices, etc...? When do most schools in California get out for break?

Thanks.

All four of those days will probably be about the same crowd-wise. I've never been to the park during this time of year, but as this is spring break time I would expect the park to be fairly busy, though probably not insanely packed as those are weekdays. I would recommend budgeting for Flash Pass, but don't purchase it ahead of time. Instead, wait until the day of your visit and judge crowd levels at the park before spending the money. You will likely be able to do all the coasters without one, but if you want a large number of re-rides you'll probably need either regular or gold Flash Pass (don't invest in Platinum...not worth it).

I definitely recommend heading to Full Throttle first, as this is right at the entrance, has long lines all day, and the capacity is pretty poor. Even if you plan to get a Flash Pass, ride this first and then pick up the pass. If you get a Flash Pass, the ride order doesn't really matter, but if not I would recommend going around the park counter-clockwise until you get to Tatsu, then going up over the hill and back around to the front of the park (save Gold Rusher for your second pass). Lex Luthor is a must ride, but I'd skip any other non-coaster attractions until you've done all the coasters (unless they are walk-ons). As for food, nothing at SFMM is particularly great so take your pick and don't expect anything better than the average fast food joint.

Best helpful tip: Don't go to Food Etc. (Unless you want to experience its amazingness .)

Well, they do have Dole Whips.

Meh. I doubt they are as good as the Dole Whips at the Disney Parks or the Dole Plantation.

I guess I'll see for myself on its quality the next time I get dragged to this park.

Thanks.

Well where to start.... SFMM must know it might be busy as the park hours are extended to 8pm for those days. The following schools within some range of SFMM will be on Spring Break. Santa Clarita, Oxnard, Cal State schools (CSUN), Santa Monica. At least Los Angeles schools aren't on Spring Break until the 14th so you catch a break. Most schools go on break the 14th and hence another bump to 9pm closing at SFMM.

I'm not familiar with Fast/Flash Pass at all but looks like Fu!! Thrott!e and X2 are both upcharge. So I would beast in right at rope drop and do either X2 or FT. Seems like most agree to do the park counterclockwise and I agree. If at some point the park seems to busy then go get a Fast pass for the rides you missed. Seems that with park being open almost 10 hours you should be able to do all the rides you choose to, as often as you choose to.

I would eat my way around the park with some BBQ and getting corn on the cob near Green Latern. If you want Sushi its inside Food Etc (where SEFK ride goes over guest walkway or near Goliath). Cyber Cafe at front of the park near MErry go Round has healthy options. Dont walk up heart attack hill near Gold-rusher but work your way around the far side hit up Tatsu then walk up to SEFK and Ninga. The big Sky Tower is nice but museum has been removed so lacking much to do up there and heard it hasn't been open in some time.

Good luck

Best helpful tip: Don't go to Food Etc. (Unless you want to experience its amazingness .)

Meh. I doubt they are as good as the Dole Whips at the Disney Parks or the Dole Plantation.

I guess I'll see for myself on its quality the next time I get dragged to this park.

It's the same thing. It comes from a machine. And Magic Mountain has mango, which is infinitely better than the pineapple.

Dylan we got cheated out of those dole whips last time. They better be ready for me this weekend