TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

My dad and I are going down to LA for a wedding and we are stopping at MM on Wednesday for a few hours. We will get there when it opens, but I was wondering how the crowds have been. Any tips are welcome. Thanks!

Ride Yolo in the last seat

Revolution, Riddlers, Viper, Green Lantern and Lex Luther all have single rider lines

Bring nausea medicine if you ride Green Lantern

RIDE Lex Luther

That's about the bottom line.

Ride Yolo in the last seat

Revolution, Riddlers, Viper, Green Lantern and Lex Luther all have single rider lines

Bring nausea medicine if you ride Green Lantern

RIDE Lex Luther

Yolo might have two trains.

Revolution, Riddler's Revenge, and Viper will have one train.

Green Lantern will have 20 minute dispatches.

Lex Luthor will have 10 minute dispatches.

Also it's the heart of Spring Break season. Get there before opening, go straight to X2. You'll still wait 45 minutes for X2 regardless if you're the first person in line, but it'll be better than 5 hours later in the day. For the rest of your day, I recommend praying.

^ It doesn't help you at Magic Mountain. Nothing can help you.

I had a Platinum Flash Pass and rode all the coasters (Except for X2 and Magic Flyer), Lex Luther, Carousel, and Sky Tower before the end of the day. I also got on Yolo 2x. Once to begin the day, and the other to end.

Btw, X2 Was closed and I couldn't ride Magic Flyer cause I'm not Big Mike.

^ If the "Big One" did hit it could certainly do significant damage to the park. The Northridge Earthquake in 1994 damaged the park quite heavily. Also a lot of SoCal has a high risk of Liquefaction causing the soil to lose strength and stiffness due to severe movement. I'm not sure if SFMM is in a place with a high Liquefaction risk, but if it is, I could see it taking out the coasters and the Skytower along with S:EFK and Lex Luthor. Let's hope this never happens.

The Northridge quake did not damage the park one bit. The hillside by Ninja collapsed, but that was about it(some claim Psyclone was never the same after the quake aswell). The park did not open for two weeks as they had no water supply and you can not operate a park with no water.

Magic Mountains biggest problem was that there was no freeway access for over three months from Los Angeles and you had to take a old road to get to the park. It was also the year Baman The Ride opend and the park had it's biggest attendance in a decade. Guess people needed a place to relax after this huge shaker...

^ It doesn't help you at Magic Mountain. Nothing can help you.

I had a Platinum Flash Pass and rode all the coasters (Except for X2 and Magic Flyer), Lex Luther, Carousel, and Sky Tower before the end of the day. I also got on Yolo 2x. Once to begin the day, and the other to end.

Btw, X2 Was closed and I couldn't ride Magic Flyer cause I'm not Big Mike.

Yeah I have to disagree as well. Flash Passes absolutely help quite a bit. Gold or Platinum flash passes turn 90 minute waits into 15 minute waits (They say gold is 50% and Plat is 90% but in reality theyre both 80-90% wait reduction). If you pay the upcharge for YOLO or X2 its a guaranteed station wait only since they're appointment rides so there's no line other than in the station.

I went to the park on the Saturday of labor day weekend last year which is one of the busiest days of the year using gold flash passes and reservations were typically 5-15 minutes out, we easily rode everything we wanted to with plenty of time to spare including 3 or 4 laps on tatsu which had 90+ min waits. The only ride that can still screw you is SEFK because of where the line merges, you can still get stuck waiting over and hour like we did depending on ops.

Six Flags' Q-Bot system really works great in contrast to Cedar Fair's Fast Lane pass. When I was at Cedar Point a lot of rides had merge points that were pretty far back from the station and with no digital reservation system it is not uncommon to still wait 45-90 minutes with fast lane on busy days. Such a wait is really unusual with a Gold or Platinum Flash Pass at SFMM. Other than the SEFK debacle it's always worked great.

Thanks for the tips! Hopefully it won't be too crowded since the weather isn't supposed to be nice.

Tip: If you ride X2, tie your shoes REALLY tight before you go on and do a double check to make sure they are safely on your feet. I always get the feeling that they'll fall off after the first Raven Turn for some reason and it's an ominous feel.

Tip: If you ride X2, tie your shoes REALLY tight before you go on and do a double check to make sure they are safely on your feet. I always get the feeling that they'll fall off after the first Raven Turn for some reason and it's an ominous feel.

Is it as good as wearing loose fitting flip flops on Diamondback at Kings Island (you're not allowed to take them off)?