TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Colossus was running amazing a few weekends ago. The airtime was literally .

Also, it's great that the park is using both sides of the Tatsu station.

Yeah, if was FULL of airtime today!

And with only 2 trains the dual station doesn't really help. The lower part of the queue goes way faster but then you get a 30 minute station wait. And it feels like forever. Does the dual station with only 2 trains increase capacity? If love to ride with 3 trains again.

And I would've waited til later to ride X2 but I had to leave at 3. But even when I had gotten off at 2 the line had dropped from 85 min to 45 min.

As much as I hate seeing it idle. Colossus really never sees a line and the ride is almost identical in each side. I do understand why. I'm for RMC ON THAT SIDE
I agree, but it would be wise to alternate which side you're using so that one side doesn't fall into disrepair like it is now. Every once in a while on Key Club day and such you could still open the second side when you needed it; as it stands that isn't even an option.

This is a little off-topic, but when SFGAdv sent back their GL train to use on Riddler, was an 8th row added to it? I know GL has 7 rows and RR has 8. Just curious.
I remember riding a couple years ago before the train was sent back to SFMM and it still had 8 rows.

Also, it's great that the park is using both sides of the Tatsu station.

And with only 2 trains the dual station doesn't really help. The lower part of the queue goes way faster but then you get a 30 minute station wait. And it feels like forever. Does the dual station with only 2 trains increase capacity? If love to ride with 3 trains again.

I don't see how it would help capacity (Considering I know SFMM would not run it efficiently enough to benefit), but it would prevent the queue from spilling into the walkway (not that I think MM ops care one iota about that, who knows why they were doing it today)

It's been neglected for longer than there have been rmc rumors, I wouldn't be surprised if it hasn't run since the first rmc remade coaster opened.

Projects are planned years in advance. If/when it happens, I have no doubt it has been in the works for the last 2-3 years. Which is the perfect excuse to justify keeping one side down to re-allocate that budget elsewhere.

It's been neglected for longer than there have been rmc rumors, I wouldn't be surprised if it hasn't run since the first rmc remade coaster opened.

Projects are planned years in advance. If/when it happens, I have no doubt it has been in the works for the last 2-3 years. Which is the perfect excuse to justify keeping one side down to re-allocate that budget elsewhere.

I'm going with this, it just makes a lot of sense. Why spend the budget on something you are going to 'change' anyway?

Colossus was running amazing a few weekends ago. The airtime was literally .

Hahahahahahaahahahaha

I Got more airtime on that than I did on Ghost Rider. It was also smoother

We took a trip to SoCal last year and went to Magic Mountain and Knotts. I don't think I experienced any airtime on any coaster in either park.

Also, Colossus was terrible. I don't feel the need to ever ride it again.

When I rode it last weekend, I didn't think it was anything special. It had it's usual pop of air on the first drop (since that section is I-beam track) and a few tiny pops of air on the other hills...nothing special.

Just looked at SFMM's website and Sky Tower has been removed from the list of attractions. I wonder if it is never going to reopen again? It has looked untouched for months.

No loss!

So a symbol of the park that provides a great view and a nice air conditioned place is going to be torn down for what, the YOLOPOLOCoaster Polercoaster of YOLOness and swaggggg?

No one said it was going to be torn down...

And realistically, it never will be until its not able to safely sit there and rot.

So a symbol of the park that provides a great view and a nice air conditioned place is going to be torn down for what, the YOLOPOLOCoaster Polercoaster of YOLOness and swaggggg?

And realistically, it never will be until its not able to safely sit there and rot.

I heard they were having a problem with an elevator a few months back. But it's most likely just waiting on a structural inspection that I think they do every year.

I heard they were having a problem with an elevator a few months back. But it's most likely just waiting on a structural inspection that I think they do every year.

Yes, but the current speculation was because SFMM has just removed Sky Tower from the list of attractions on the website which is a new development.