TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I'm actually a big fan of the classic California look of the foothills surrounding SFMM and the Santa Clarita Valley (grass hills with dotted oaks), but I'm also a big fan of California in general so my opinion is a bit skewed

Regardless, I would go ahead and say that aside from Pacific Park, SFMM has the nicest surrounding of any park in the LA area.

I do think the natural setting and surroundings of SFMM is a bit underappreciated (no matter how they try to ruin it or fail to make full use of it). Then again, I too am a major fan of the California scenery (and not much else these days!).

Now, back to the sex talk?

1 side is ran backwards and the other is ran forward.

Well, one side is abandoned, so wouldn't there only be one side running backwards and one side closed, like how Colossus operated in Fright Fest 2013?

Well, one side is abandoned, so wouldn't there only be one side running backwards and one side closed, like how Colossus operated in Fright Fest 2013?

That's how it's been in recent seasons. I'm assuming they will be running both B&M trains on one side and nothing on the other. I'm guessing it would require quite a bit of work to get the other side open at this point because it looks like it hasn't been touched (read: inspected or maintaned) for a long time, the chain isn't even lubricated anymore it's all rusted.

That's how it's been in recent seasons. I'm assuming they will be running both B&M trains on one side and nothing on the other. I'm guessing it would require quite a bit of work to get the other side open at this point because it looks like it hasn't been touched (read: inspected or maintaned) for a long time, the chain isn't even lubricated anymore it's all rusted.

B&M has trains for wooden coasters like colossus?

^ If I stand corrected, the only wooden coaster trains they made were for Psyclone, but since it got torn down, they now reuse the trains for Colossus Backwards, since they can't run the regular trains reversed due to no headrests.

Edited by _IntaMAN_

^ If I stand corrected, the only wooden coaster trains they made were for Psyclone, but since it got torn down, they now reuse the trains for COlossus Backwards, since they can't run the regular trains reversed due to no headrests.

It's on Wikipedia, so it must be true.

It also had the only wooden roller coaster trains ever built by Bolliger & Mabillard.

I never knew that.

The article basically puts everybody in a complete no win situation. We can't look at the fat person. We can't notice the fat person. We can't even try to help the fat person because it's somehow dubious and unhelpful. So I guess we're supposed to high five the fat person and lie to them by saying all is totally cool with their health?

I'm 6'2" and I used to weigh almost 300 pounds. I had a 50+" waist at one point in my life. Then I realized I was being a moron with my food choices. Between changing those and about eight months of serious exercise, I dropped under 200. While I'm not saying this is what all fat people should look to do, a fat person should recognize not being able to fit into most public seating areas like roller coasters, banging into people, etc as a problem that can be solved. Moreover, they should not lash out at someone who legitimately cares about their well-being enough to warn of the coming dangers, or worse provides suggestions that would help.

If society can no longer recognize problems because people are so oversensitive to the point where any and all messengers of unhappy news are shot on sight, society is flat out doomed beyond all hope.

It's very true that people are downright mean to overweight people. The jokes, the stares, the pointing, the snickers, very inhumane. That being said, fitness is (for able bodied people) one of the few things we have complete control of. Rather than wallow in self-pity why not take control of your life and happiness??

True some people are content with themselves being overweight and I applaud that because freedom from expectation is one to be cherished. However the writer of this article is not content

^ So this is really interesting, that's two people now who have said Backwards Batman isn't that intense at SFMM, yet at SFGam people were saying it was almost TOO intense! What gives?

I thought it was less intense backwards. Probably due to the fact it seems you aren't being shoved back into a hard surface - or you aren't in contact with as much seat; it seemed you were in a more neutral position. Strange huh? The front seat backwards (formerly the back seat) was great fun I thought. Great Anton-shuttle like tummy tickles in the vertical loops. But there were some people getting smashed once you hit the corks (I figure most of us know where the *snaps* are before we ride it backwards?)

Are people from Chicago just wusses

For the most part, yes.

^I rode backwards once in the front and twice in the last row at SFGAm. I thought the front was less intense than the front is forwards, but the last row was more intense than it normally is. I didn't find it rough- smooth as glass- or too intense, though. Not even close, in fact. It was a great experience backwards. I hope I can do it again some time!

I do have to agree, most Chicagoans ARE wussies!! Then again, you are talking about the same people that think Raging Bull and S:UF are the greatest coasters ever built

Has anyone ridden the SFMM namtaB in the last row yet? Curious as to your thoughts.

Edited by DanM64

I do have to agree, most Chicagoans ARE wussies!! Then again, you are talking about the same people that think Raging Bull and S:UF are the greatest coasters ever built

It's at least partly satisfying to know that Goliath with take "most popular" spot soon. (I'll still be a Whizzer/Eagle guy, though! ... ok, maybe Goliath/Whizzer/Eagle.)

Soooooooo... ...that dude being fat and wallowing in his pre-concieved misery is my problem how?

Because Americans can't take resposibility for their own actions and they have to blame others.

This whole thing kinda reminds me of when people were suing McDonalds for giving them health problems.

^That actually reminds me of something else. If I'm not mistaken, Nutella once had to pay quite a few people for stating in an advert that eating nutella at breakfast is a healthy way to start your day. Seriously: nobody is allowed to believe that.