TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I for one really hope SFMM doesn't get a sky screamer. They already have the superman tower and a giant tower right next to it will take away from its glory.

I agree. You start adding other towers and that huge superman tower will appear much smaller.

^I'm the opposite; I hope SFMM gets a Sky Screamer. They could ALWAYS use another flat and it would be in a beautiful setting. Plus, Windseeker got removed so it'll be a new experience in the area. Although it may be a while until we see it because next year may be the "big 20th" coaster.

I wouldn't exactly refer to SFMM as a beautiful setting. Nor is the view of the Santa Clarita & San Fernando Valleys all that awe inspiring.

If they do add a StarFlyer, while it would fit into the theming in CCF, I would prefer them to put it over on the other side of the park, maybe even back where DejaVu used to be (although you wouldn't be able to see it as well from the freeway). I agree that having it TOO close to the Superman/LL tower wouldn't look right. Maybe they could find room sorta near X2/Viper for it? Then either side of the park would have HUGE towers. Because, let's face it, if they do put in a StarFlyer, it's going to be 400ft tall at least.

^I'm the opposite; I hope SFMM gets a Sky Screamer. They could ALWAYS use another flat and it would be in a beautiful setting. Plus, Windseeker got removed so it'll be a new experience in the area. Although it may be a while until we see it because next year may be the "big 20th" coaster.

I wouldn't exactly refer to SFMM as a beautiful setting. Nor is the view of the Santa Clarita & San Fernando Valleys all that awe inspiring.

Yeah, I would agree with that. Once you would be lifted 'out of the trees' the view of the parking lot and desolate landscape is kind of, meh.

I took this picture at the park on Saturday, and there is this path at around halfway between viper and Tatsu... Anyone know what this is?

[attachment=0]IMAG0277.jpg[/attachment]

That path has been there FOREVER! I believe there even used to be a "Kodak Photo Spot" there to get a photo of Revolution, but it's since been removed and grown in. It was never closed or fenced off because there isn't anything harmful to guests back there and if you wanted to go get photos, you can. Last I heard there were stories of guests getting caught back there having sex or smoking out. Seems like a dumb place to bang, but then again this is Magic Mountain's crowd we are talking about!

Good point, but it'd probably be more interesting than the concrete and asphalt that we saw on Windseeker at KBF. Either way, I wouldn't be too surprised if we saw one in the near future as it is the only major SF park without a Star Flyer.

I find it interesting that people are saying Batman backwards is less intense than forwards, as I always figured it would be more intense. I'd love to be able to try this out, but I won't be anywhere near CA any time soon.

And as someone that worked at a park, you'd be amazed where people will attempt to have sex...

dt

Good point, but it'd probably be more interesting than the concrete and asphalt that we saw on Windseeker at KBF. Either way, I wouldn't be too surprised if we saw one in the near future as it is the only major SF park without a Star Flyer.

I'm actually a big fan of the classic California look of the foothills surrounding SFMM and the Santa Clarita Valley (grass hills with dotted oaks), but I'm also a big fan of California in general so my opinion is a bit skewed

Regardless, I would go ahead and say that aside from Pacific Park, SFMM has the nicest surrounding of any park in the LA area.

I find it interesting that people are saying Batman backwards is less intense than forwards, as I always figured it would be more intense. I'd love to be able to try this out, but I won't be anywhere near CA any time soon.

And as someone that worked at a park, you'd be amazed where people will attempt to have sex...

dt

Or the employees...

dt

Or the employees...

A few children have been conceived in the Goliath break room......

When they run Colossus backwards, do they run both tracks backwards, 1 track backwards, or 1 track backwards and 1 track forwards? We'll be there in June and I'm hoping backwards won't be the only option. I happen to enjoy Colossus, but am not a fan of backwards coasters.