TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Maybe they'll just have these guys walking around inside entertaining guests.

[attachment=0]yolo.jpg[/attachment]

If they have these guys walking around, go go dancing and juggling cats, Magic Mountain is going to make my summer plans really easy.

YOLOstraunt, here I come!

I was at the park on Saturday last weekend, and I have to say that we had a really good time. The park was pretty dead, the longest we waited was maybe about 15 minutes for Green Lantern, Superman, YOLO, and Tatsu. X2 in the afternoon was a 2 train wait!

The staff was all in a good mood, efficient, and happy. I saw lots of groupers before the stations, which I have not seen much of in the past. This is great news!

The whole lapbar issue thing was basically a non-issue wherever I saw it being enforced. Because of the groupers, station noise was minimal and the guests were attentive.

$11.99 for 7 yolo wings was totally offensive, yet I bought them anyway. The boneless ones have the circumference of a quarter. So basically like $2 a bite.

We paid $25 for two of us to ride Dive Devil, and they let us go twice! This was an awesome promotion!!!

Every coaster was running except for Revolution. Superman both sides! Only single train was on Batman, everything else had two. GL had 4 I think.

Anyway, the park looked and felt good. It was a pleasant surprise and we had a great day!

^ Employee moral and efficiency always seems good in the winter and spring, and then takes a nosedive once daily operation and summer hit.

I was there 2 weeks ago and the morale was fantastic. LOL. I hate going in the summer anyways. Winter rules. (Oh wait. There is no winter in California this year. Woot!! )

Anyway, the park looked and felt good. It was a pleasant surprise and we had a great day!

I guess it is just because I have a higher standard and more critical eye, but to me it only looked good by SFMM standards. The higher level of detail (like clean trash cans, signs that have visible dust, bathrooms that were 'clean', but still obviously not taken care of as much as they should be, etc.) is still not there.

I guess it is just because I have a higher standard and more critical eye, but to me it only looked good by SFMM standards. The higher level of detail (like clean trash cans, signs that have visible dust, bathrooms that were 'clean', but still obviously not taken care of as much as they should be, etc.) is still not there.

Yes they are. I think it's been a couple months since you've been to the park. A lot has changed since then. The cans ARE clean! They are replacing signs! Bathrooms are MUCH better than they were. They're not Disney, but they don't need to be. Your day at the park greatly depends on your attitude upon entry. It's a completely mental thing. It's a great park that has gotten better these past few months. If you're always a downer about it then most likely your day won't be great because you'll be spending the entire day finding the little bad things about the park that most people wouldn't see rather than enjoying your day and having fun! That's what you supposed to do at a park, right?

^^For the record, I have provided the photos for the last two updates Robb has posted, with the most recent being this past Sunday. I am not looking for bad, but SFMM makes it easy to find. It's easy to spot a dirty, old, beat up trash can because it stands out in an empty midway that otherwise looks pretty good. Same thing for dusty signs. Don't even get me started about how cheap/tacky it is to still be giving out 2013 maps and having the "main street" lined with signs that are outdated up selling a product...

Yes they are. I think it's been a couple months since you've been to the park. A lot has changed since then. The cans ARE clean! They are replacing signs! Bathrooms are MUCH better than they were. They're not Disney, but they don't need to be. Your day at the park greatly depends on your attitude upon entry. It's a completely mental thing. It's a great park that has gotten better these past few months. If you're always a downer about it then most likely your day won't be great because you'll be spending the entire day finding the little bad things about the park that most people wouldn't see rather than enjoying your day and having fun! That's what you supposed to do at a park, right?

I disagree. Have an open mind or not, but if you go to Magic Mountain and experience great customer service, good operations, and well maintained coasters, you will exit the park with a great time. I seriously doubt anyone who reports here actually goes there and would continue to hate on the park if the park continues to do great things.

I disagree. Have an open mind or not, but if you go to Magic Mountain and experience great customer service, good operations, and well maintained coasters, you will exit the park with a great time. I seriously doubt anyone who reports here actually goes there and would continue to hate on the park if the park continues to do great things.

I have to agree with SFMMGeek27, because just see how many people complain about Elitches' "terrible" coaster selection. But when I go I keep an open mind, good attitude, and am always with friends, and every day I go to Elitches I have an awesome time. If I'm having a good time I can stand: Twister 2 needing to be retracked, Half-Pipe and Tower of Doom's consistent break downs, Sidewinder's 4-minute dispatches, all the family flats having just one operator, and not always the happiest attitudes from ride operators. I personally think I'd have an amazing time at SFMM and continue to keep it on my bucket list even with all the stuff said about it on here. That being said, SFMM could still change a lot for the better, but a large portion of the hate towards the park may be just people going in and paying attention to all the bad things about the park instead of thinking about how the park has many decent/awesome coasters & rides and not an almost all clone coaster selection (Elitches).

First they gutted the log ride for the Yolocoaster, now they're slaughtering moose to make way for a YoloBar-n'-grill...

Walking around SFMM sometimes feels like you're in the East coast or Midwest somewhere, especially the area past Viper walking towards Tatsu. Call me a tree hugger but it seems the park more and more feels like its turning into an uninspired field of concrete.

Yolocoaster is an awesome ride, don't get me wrong, but Six Flags can do better than an erector set for a coaster station!