TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^LOL. Agreed.

I know I'll catch some heat for this but I'm not a huge fan of any park's Churros.

You need to travel to Germany, and visit Phantasialand. They have the best Churros I have ever had in their Mexican area of the park. Fresh squeezed into the fryer in a long bundle of yummy dough!

"Agreed. Only parks in my opinion that have "Outstanding" food is Busch and Disney Parks ."

OMG. I hate Disney food. Eeewwww.

Is this only in the Anaheim and Orlando parks you're talking about?

Even Disney Paris has good food, as well as the Asian parks.

^LOL. Agreed.

I know I'll catch some heat for this but I'm not a huge fan of any park's Churros.

You need to travel to Germany, and visit Phantasialand. They have the best Churros I have ever had in their Mexican area of the park. Fresh squeezed into the fryer in a long bundle of yummy dough!

"Fresh" being the key word.

"Agreed. Only parks in my opinion that have "Outstanding" food is Busch and Disney Parks ."

OMG. I hate Disney food. Eeewwww.

Is this only in the Anaheim and Orlando parks you're talking about?

Even Disney Paris has good food, as well as the Asian parks.

Anaheim

Are you eating food your'e finding on the ground? Disney food is mostly amazing, minus a few standard fare park items.

Worst pizza ever. Hamburgers are ok. (Only thing I found I like is the chili burgers next to soaring over California).

Don't think I hate Disney. I love going there. I'm just not happy with the food.

Are you eating food your'e finding on the ground? Disney food is mostly amazing, minus a few standard fare park items.

Worst pizza ever. Hamburgers are ok. (Only thing I found I like is the chili burgers next to soaring over California).

Don't think I hate Disney. I love going there. I'm just not happy with the food.

I dont think you hate them (nor do I care, im just trying to understand why you don't like the food.) Over the past few years the entire resort went through food revolution. Nearly every place that serves any type of meal has an upgraded menu with much better food offerings. The only places that haven't had anything done are Pizza Port and the Plaza Inn. Next time you are there, try something new at a different place. I think you'd be surprised.

Now, back to YOLO Mountain, is there any movement on New Coaster 19 ? lol

You're not eating the right food bro.

There are very few parks I go into thinking the food is going to be outstanding. I did like the BBQ place and would eat there when I had the chance. I like sushi but there is something about eating it at an amusement park that isn't right even if it is out sourced.

Agreed. Only parks in my opinion that have "Outstanding" food is Busch and Disney Parks .

You are forgetting Herschend

And Knoebels (Since you said parks and not chains I'm assuming that counts).

What is it about most Theme Parks having such poor quality food? I've just never understood it. If most fast food chains can provide decent quality, at least in taste, why cant Theme Parks? I just don't get it...

I'd say Six Flags food is either equal quality or higher quality than average fast food. Disney and Universal are higher quality. But that's just my opinion.

Maybe its just SFStL then. I mean, its horrible! There area a couple of decent places, but for the most part its just nasty. Dry, hard, cold, and EXTREMELY over priced.

Oh I was speaking of SFSTL because that is the only park in the chain I've been to recently. The food can be good one day and be bad the next. For example, I visited the New Villains Cafe and ordered a pulled pork sandwich. The Texas Toast was stale and the pork was cold. A month later I gave it another try and the bread was soft and the meat was really good. Two restaurants at the park that I like are Mooseburger and Macho Nacho. My family pretty much eats at those two with our dining passes on every visit. Is the food superb? Absolutely not. But Macho Nacho is far higher than Taco Bell and Mooseburger is higher quality than McDonalds (but not Chick fil A).

Theme park food can vary in quality. You never know if your visit to a theme park restaurant will be better or worse than your last experience.

I'd say Six Flags food is either equal quality or higher quality than average fast food. Disney and Universal are higher quality. But that's just my opinion.

I would disagree with you vehemently on that one. Even crappy fast food is better than most of what SF offers.

I would disagree with you vehemently on that one. Even crappy fast food is better than most of what SF offers.

I don't know, maybe a trip to SFMM would change my opinion

I'd rather eat at McDonald's than Food Etc. and I'm not a fan of McDonald's by any means.

Nothing major just preparation.

Red - Will be demolished or already demolished.

Light Blue - Could possibly be demolished

Purple - Ride relocation (ride is moving over by Road Runner Express)

Green - new coaster 19 (don't quite now where its going but somewhere inside the green area)

72916806_newcoaster19.png.6e2e8fc8cfb214c514f65b023c9e979a.png

1182044936_newcoaster19-3.PNG.29851a8211741f3d0200fc92328bd7ac.PNG

Ride relocation

DSC02101.thumb.JPG.128141991c21d8a32c90357f316248ef.JPG

Concrete already poured for the ride relocation.

Edited by RollerCoasterAwesome

I dont think you hate them (nor do I care, im just trying to understand why you don't like the food.) Over the past few years the entire resort went through food revolution. Nearly every place that serves any type of meal has an upgraded menu with much better food offerings. The only places that haven't had anything done are Pizza Port and the Plaza Inn. Next time you are there, try something new at a different place. I think you'd be surprised.

I'll give it a try. It's been about 4 years since I've been back

I don't know, maybe a trip to SFMM would change my opinion

I mean I'm open to the possibility that there might be something good at an SF park somewhere, but at my two main parks, SFDK and SFMM, almost everything is intolerable. The only exception being the currently closed Mooseburger.

At SFDK more often than not we end up eating at the Carl's Jr. across the street (And Carl's Jr is pretty low on the fast food totem pole), or if we're sick of burgers there are other options across the freeway. At SFMM we always go down to Valencia Town Center down the street to get lunch and come back.

In contrast, if I'm going to Disneyland I absolutely always eat at the park. There are several great places to eat at the park, not only fast food but sit down meals. I'm a big fan of the Blue Bayou, great atmosphere and nostalgia.

Hey guys, first time on the forums. Question to anyone that has been to SFMM recently, why did they take the camera off of Scream and close down the photo booth? I have the USB sticks that they sell and I get ride and park photos for $1.08 and I usually buy all the ride pictures of me and my group.