TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Food Etc. is fine for me because I don't eat food there... I just get Etc. AKA mango dole whip.

Still ticked off that I didn't know they had dole whip. It's cool though. I'm going back to Knotts and magic mountain in two weeks. (Magic Mountain on Sunday the 19th. I'll get my dole whip fix then!!!

Ah, Flashback.

And they still lined up for you, LOL.

Hey, when they first moved it in, it was fairly smooth. (Thanks Northridge!, you could have kept that quake to yourselves

I've been curious, what damage did MM suffer from the Northridge quake? I've tried looking online but couldn't find anything. All I know is the Sky ride was removed.

I've been curious, what damage did MM suffer from the Northridge quake? I've tried looking online but couldn't find anything. All I know is the Sky ride was removed.

The Skyride station that was where Superman's tower is now was almost completely destroyed. Many other buildings suffered structural damage that was repaired internally without having to tear down and completely rebuild. The backstage offices were thrown into total chaos but that was primarily cleaned up while the park was closed.

After that, the biggest headaches were the problem of employees and guests not being able to get to the park because of the extensive damage to the freeways south of SFMM. After the quake struck in January, it wasn't until early November that I-5 fully reopened. Between late January and early November, there was a bypass that allowed traffic to flow through, but was very narrow and still resulted in major delays.

What all is served at Foot Etc. Is it general cafeteria food or is it specifically American food (hotdogs, hamburgers, fries, etc.)?

Sushi as well. That, oddly enough, is quite good from what I hear because it is made fresh by an outside vendor and NOT SFMM's food department.

What all is served at Foot Etc. Is it general cafeteria food or is it specifically American food (hotdogs, hamburgers, fries, etc.)?

Sushi as well. That, oddly enough, is quite good from what I hear because it is made fresh by an outside vendor and NOT SFMM's food department.

Yes, I would recommend the Sushi. It was better than the chicken strips and fries, taste and value

Hmm--I guess it beats "gas-station sushi."

Ah, Flashback.

And they still lined up for you, LOL.

Just for the record: that was the season pass processing line, not a line for Flashback. I also enjoy the Metro train cars sitting right there -- are those now up and running at Hershey (or where ever they ended up getting sold to)?

Flashback was really a brutal ride. I had ridden it as Z-Force, and while I didn't love it I do remember it being unique. Years later I caught it on a day where Magic Mountain unpredictably decided to run it, and wow was it brutal. The restraints were awful, and I recall just how "heavy" the cars felt diving into every corner. It had a pretty unique sound, and even that "sounded" heavy. I don't know exactly what made it age so poorly, but it went from an interesting ride to a "why?!?!?" ride over those years inbetween.

Wanted to throw in this video (I know it's Great America, but I figured it would be interesting to those who knew of this ride (mostly as a lawn ornament) only as Flashback at MM) - this was a recording of the local Chicago news piece on the brand new Z Force by RandyV (provided to TPR).

Hmm--I guess it beats "gas-station sushi."

So the sushi is better than nothing?....Ok I'll show myself out. But to me the BBQ place was the best food option at SFMM even though it was overpriced.

-Cookie

As long as you eat something that's outsourced at any Six Flags parks you're fine. It's of course going to be overpriced but it's much safer and tasty than any 'normal' Six Flags food. This is not a problem unique to Magic Mountain for once!

There are very few parks I go into thinking the food is going to be outstanding. I did like the BBQ place and would eat there when I had the chance. I like sushi but there is something about eating it at an amusement park that isn't right even if it is out sourced.

There are very few parks I go into thinking the food is going to be outstanding. I did like the BBQ place and would eat there when I had the chance. I like sushi but there is something about eating it at an amusement park that isn't right even if it is out sourced.

Agreed. Only parks in my opinion that have "Outstanding" food is Busch and Disney Parks .

Agreed. Only parks in my opinion that have "Outstanding" food is Busch and Disney Parks .

You are forgetting Herschend

You are forgetting Herschend

I hate you right now