TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

There is an excessively abundant amount of straight up bitching in this thread, even for a roller coaster enthusiast website. I don't mind complaining, in fact it's a favorite past time of mine. Granted we all know this park does have is fair share of issues but the complaints have turned to whining and have become uninspired and just downright DULL. It's now a chore to actually find a relevant post these days.

I feel like its become a sort of competition among posters as to who can find the most banal minutia about this park to moan about. AND THEN PROCEED TO BEAT IT TO DEATH. I mean a ROOF?? its just a goddamn roof for Christ's sake. I might suggest editing the title of this 3300 page threat to something more appropriate - maybe include the phrase "bandwagon bitchfest"? Just a suggestion.

People endlessly complain about all kinds of things, it's not just this thread. And c'mon, the station for this coaster is hilarious! You never get any pleasure out of snarking things that are amusingly bad?

^^Waits should be fairly reasonable only YOLOcoaster and Tatsu should see hour waits at the most (probably less). Crowds should be fairly reasonable as well most rides should see 30 minute waits at most but you could get lucky sometimes the park can be dead on that Monday.

Thanks. That's about what I expected. It's light enough that a Flash Pass won't likely be necessary, but heavy enough that if we decide to get one it won't go to waste.

As for Full Throttle's roof, it is just one more reason I find this thread hilarious. Yes, it looks cheap and minimal, but it actually fits with the theme of Full Throttle (cheap and minimal ). I'm not a huge fan of the way the ride has been treated, but if I had to pick I'd choose a top tier ride with subpar surroundings over an average ride with average surroundings. I'd also pick a functional roof over a partially functional shade cover. The problem is that SFMM is unwilling to invest the money to give the ride at least average surroundings, which doesn't help their case when compared with other So Cal parks.

I've made it a point to ignore this thread for a while, but are people really freaking out over a roof? Ever been to CGA? That park could seriously use roofs over some of it's rides, even if they look like what they built over YOLOcoaster. A roof is a roof, shade is shade. The coaster experience stays the same, so who cares?

Agreed. I don't go to a six flags park to ride the building. I go for the ride...

Come on guys we need to be nice to the certified Roofing Enthusiasts. This is a big deal to them.

If Magic Mountain gave us something good to discuss, I am sure we would be discussing that too. When Jay Thomas first came on, there was plenty of praise. YOLOCoaster itself also received tons of praise.

Talking about a roof for so long is probably a little excessive, but what else is there to discuss right now? X2 still down? None of the rides running the maximum amount of trains? Nothing being done on the Bugs Bunny World expansion yet?

Edited by Jew

If Magic Mountain gave us something good to discuss, I am sure we would be discussing that too. When Jay Thomas first came on, there was plenty of praise. YOLOCoaster itself also received tons of praise.

Talking about a roof for so long is probably a little excessive, but what else is there to discuss right now? X2 still down? None of the rides running the maximum amount of trains? Nothing being done on the Bugs Bunny World expansion yet?

Exactly how I feel, & I'm hardly ever one to complain.

As sad as it is to bash a park for so many things, this disappointment didn't come from no where. Many have seen the park at normal or great potential, it's sad that SFMM guests seem to have more heart for the park then what the management has shown. No matter how great a ride it, you can always tell when there is no passion in it & that's how SFMM seems to been operating. It seems like someone just shows to work one day and decides to open the park & call a few coworkers, halfhearted.

I'm there a 100% for coasters which is why I don't mind or pay attention to plenty of the problems going on, but it's sad that SFMM made my exceptions of them so low. I can't blame others who seen this park once great simply asking SixFlags to put some attention to their OWN PARK. If you're just trying to skate by and collect money quickly, it looks bad on a company & respect is lost by it's customers. Not a coincidence SFMM is used as a joke many times, why take a company serious who doesn't want to take their own park seriously.

^I've heard they would be off Black Snake Summit, but what rides they're replacing I have no idea. It wouldn't make sense to replace three body slides with two body slides that have lower capacity, but then again this is SFMM we're talking about.

Sorry, you're correct I refined the location of the box.

Edited by RollerCoasterAwesome

Howdy! Long-time lurker, first time poster.

Anyway, I'm swinging through California in early January. Does anybody know if the park is going to be super-crowded on Jan. 2?

The park should not be too crowded expect at least an hour wait for Full Throttle, Tatsu, and Goliath but at most 30-45 minute waits for most of the other rides. The park can be unpredictable around this time some days the parks dead others its packed.

The website now says that all 3 water rides, and the Sky Tower are all closed until March 22nd.

Wonder if something is going on in the Sky Tower?

Water rides are by far the most expensive for the park to run and are not ridden by many people during the winter months. The Sky Tower's staffing needs are also a cost the park chooses not to incur during the slower periods of the year.

For those bitching about the bitching: stop and think about what was there before Yolocoaster. Log Jammer had a pretty cool queue back in the day. The landscaping around the ride and Gold Rusher was awesome. The themeing in the whole area around LJ, Mooseburger, the entrance to Bugs Bunny Land and everything else there was great when they kept it up. SFMM management ran all that into the ground, ripped it all out and put something bland. So maybe cut those bitching some slack, mkay?

The themeing in the whole area around LJ, Mooseburger, the entrance to Bugs Bunny Land and everything else there was great when they paid a few outside landscaping companies a lot of money to keep it up.

That should provide a clue or two as to why it's not there anymore.

Now the trees are mostly gone, queues look rushed, lots of bare concrete, and another huge roller coaster has shown up. Anything need more be said?