TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^Only Platinum, and only with an upcharge. I'd recommend just going there immediately at opening rather than paying for a Flash Pass.

We're trying to hit Knott's, Castle, and SFMM in one day, so we may simply need Flash Pass and Fast Lane convenience. Thanks very much for responding.

^ Wow. There's an interesting day trip. IMO, that's more like two days manageable unless just a few rides at each park or lucky with no lines? The platinum extra Fast Pass will cost you at SFMM, not as much at Knott's.

^Only Platinum, and only with an upcharge. I'd recommend just going there immediately at opening rather than paying for a Flash Pass.

We're trying to hit Knott's, Castle, and SFMM in one day, so we may simply need Flash Pass and Fast Lane convenience. Thanks very much for responding.

Oh wow. I've never been to SFMM or Knott's but they definitely both look like one-day parks, even with Flash Pass/Fast Lane.

(Yay! My 500th post! )

Very not recommended! Even with a Fast Lane/Flash Pass, plan three hours for a credit run of Knott's and six for a credit run of SFMM, and that's go in, ride each coaster once, and get out. Both Knott's and SFMM are full day parks if you are not doing a credit run, and it will probably take at least an hour and fifteen minutes to drive between them, leaving no time for Castle Amusement Park (which is 45 minutes from Knott's and another hour and 45 to SFMM not including traffic delays). You'll need no traffic delays, a Fast Lane at Knott's, a Platinum Flash Pass at SFMM, and no breakdowns to pull off all three in one day. If you want to attempt it, all I can say is good luck!

My advice: If you only have one day, pick either Knott's or SFMM and just do that. Castle Amusement Park is really not worth it unless you'll be out in Riverside anyway.

Dear Everyone,

Thanks so much for your advice. We have been to all three parks before, including more than once at Knott's and SFMM. We've been to Castle once.

We're very accustomed to getting one or two credits and then moving on, which is what we plan to do: Coast Rider and Timberline Twister (for Cheryl) at Knott's, Full Throttle and Lex Luthor's Drop of Doom at SFMM, and the spinner at Riverside that may be down (Thanks, Laura, we'll call first). This is a mileage/credit mop-up run.

We're starting early and our only limitations are the traffic and our flight at 21:30. If things get cut too close, we bail and hightail it to LAX. Which reminds me, I'd better get ready for our flight to California!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Anyone ever been to the park day after thanksgiving? I'm thinking about heading down however if super packed I'm not sure I want to. I'm ok with a line for things but if its crazy count me out. Any advise?

I've been to SFMM for the past two years for Black Friday and I'll be there tomorrow as well. From what I've seen it's always been a good day to visit the park. It's not completely empty but you don't wait too long for the rides. I would say maybe a 25 min maximum wait time on the big attractions barring a malefaction.

Dear Everyone,

Thanks so much for your advice. We have been to all three parks before, including more than once at Knott's and SFMM. We've been to Castle once.

We're very accustomed to getting one or two credits and then moving on, which is what we plan to do: Coast Rider and Timberline Twister (for Cheryl) at Knott's, YOLOcoaster and Lex Luthor's Drop of Doom at SFMM, and the spinner at Riverside that may be down (Thanks, Laura, we'll call first). This is a mileage/credit mop-up run.

We're starting early and our only limitations are the traffic and our flight at 21:30. If things get cut too close, we bail and hightail it to LAX. Which reminds me, I'd better get ready for our flight to California!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I laughed at some of the responses to your earlier post. They don't know you to well!

Have fun on your mop up and looking forward to seeing you and Cheryl again on Scandi

Anyone have any updates on X2???????????
I know the chain is at least mostly if not completely installed, but heard they encountered some unexpected difficulties. They had previously hoped to reopen by this weekend but now they're reportedly unsure if they can get it open by January.

Anyone have any updates on X2???????????
I know the chain is at least mostly if not completely installed, but heard they encountered some unexpected difficulties. They had previously hoped to reopen by this weekend but now they're reportedly unsure if they can get it open by January.

Wow, I wonder what they ran into?

Just for the record everything except the part about the chain being installed is hearsay..the chain we can see is on the lift (or at least what we can see of it - which is why I dont know if it's 100%), but the rest are reports from people talking to employees, which we know are not always reliable.