TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Just a note on YOLOcoaster: I rode it twice for the Midnight Riders thing (I haven't been back to the park since), and the lap bar was useless. I came completely out of my seat and was only held in by the restrains on my shins/calves. It wouldn't surprise me if it got seat belts.

Pretty sure you're SUPPOSED to come out of your seat like that.

I figured that was supposed to happen. I wasn't complaining about it. But I am sure some safety nazi would, that is why I wouldn't be surprised if it got belts.

I liked the ride. That is why I rode it twice when I had the chance.

If YOLOcoaster got seat belts that would be slightly disappointing as it ran great without them and had some awesome dispatch times. Oh well, Six Flags is gonna Six Flags.
Yeah basically. Since SUF got belts and it has identical trains, and another coaster at SFMM got it, I think it's safe to conclude that YoloCoaster will get them at some point.

When the other option is OTSR's I don't understand the complaints.

If the GP doesn't feel safe they wont show up to the parks. With the recent incident, SF is just trying to make the rides "safer". Even though we know a seatbelt isn't necessary, the GP doesn't. They're the ones who fill the parks up every day, not us.

Cedar Fair typically has seat belts on their coasters... and yet... nobody seems to care.

Cedar Fair typically has seat belts on their coasters... and yet... nobody seems to care.

Because CF can dispatch at a decent pace with them

In all seriousness, they have gotten rid of the belts on Bat (Flight Deck) and BLSC at Kings Island.