TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I think it's nothing more than a reactive move by SF due to the NTAG incident.

Exactly!!!

DING DING! I don't care what ride op, manager, or CEO says. Until the State actually has put something out stating there is a new law, I will believe the company is using it as an excuse to mandate changes on rides.

I hope your right, but being told the same thing by 3 different ops and a supervisor (all from different rides mind you) makes it somewhat convincing.

That's 3 different ride ops and a supervisor who don't know what they are talking about. The end.

Does Goliath have the same lap bars as New Texas Giant? I would wager they're similar, so they're doing their best to make sure what happened with NTG doesn't happen on Goliath.

Yeah it sucks capacity wise. There's ways to avoid the capacity problems, for example retractable belts and "clear/secure" lights on the side of the train so you know when they're locked, but Six Flags doesn't think about capacity, they get what's cheap. Thus bringing down quality instead of creating a pleasant safety improvement.

Pretty sad if you ask me!

^ I used to like Goliath ... A LOT. Then I traveled outside of CA and rode some actual good coasters.

Hahaha I traveled to CA thinking the same and while it was a nice visit I prefer riding good coasters without the SFMM pillage of my money.

Just a note on YOLOcoaster: I rode it twice for the Midnight Riders thing (I haven't been back to the park since), and the lap bar was useless. I came completely out of my seat and was only held in by the restrains on my shins/calves. It wouldn't surprise me if it got seat belts.

Just a note on YOLOcoaster: I rode it twice for the Midnight Riders thing (I haven't been back to the park since), and the lap bar was useless. I came completely out of my seat and was only held in by the restrains on my shins/calves. It wouldn't surprise me if it got seat belts.

I don't know why you would question the safety of the ride... If it got seat belts, I bet it will be because Six Flags wanted them, and not because Premier thought they needed them for the ride to safe.

The shin pads are the primary restraint on premier lap bar coasters.

Pretty sure you're SUPPOSED to come out of your seat like that.

I haven't been on YOLOcoaster yet, but I sure hope the shin pads are comfy or its going to be painful for me. At 6'2 I loved Outlaw Run, but the damn shin pad bar sure took away from the experience and it would rate higher in my book had they found a way to add more padding or perhaps shape it better. Bruised shins are not good and make the rest of the day difficult.

I haven't been on YOLOcoaster yet, but I sure hope the shin pads are comfy or its going to be painful for me. At 6'2 I loved Outlaw Run, but the damn shin pad bar sure took away from the experience and it would rate higher in my book had they found a way to add more padding or perhaps shape it better. Bruised shins are not good and make the rest of the day difficult.

I am 6'2 225LBS and Full Throttles restraints are VERY comfortable. The shin guards don't bother me at all on it. The padding is very thick. You should be fine.

Being 6' 3", Full Throttle's shin guards are really uncomfortable and are really hard on the ejector airtime in the back seat (I had some leg pain after the ride).

A bit strange that I had no problems on Superman (SFDK).