TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

How will crowds be on Saturday the 9th? I looked and there aren't any special events going on.

Seems to be a legend or myth of the crowds for Key Club day. Its one on the best times to go as most are to busy doing cheers and are to wimpy to ride rides. Its the strangest crowd of the year and the longest lines are in Bugs Bunny World. Don't forget Cyber Cafe offers FREE Wi-Fi so flip your phone to that when in the area and up load your photos from there.

Don't underestimate Key Club day, its the busiest day of the year. During the actual rally lines might be a little shorter than the rest of the day, but the whole day overall is by far the busiest of the year. For some reason they never list it on the SFMM Events Page. If you can go any other day, do it. If you can't, buy a flash pass in advance. If you dig through this thread there are some photos and TRs from the last couple years' rallies.

Second post down on this page describes this years' rally up north: http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=579&start=3440

^ Is that only for Key Club Day? I always hear that Cyber Cafe offers free Wi-Fi but everytime I go and search for a network, nothing shows up.
its there but the signal is really bad
On that particular day it might suffer due to the amount of people using it (similar to how its hard to get a signal at a football/baseball stadium)

^It's not listed on the events page because not everyone can participate like with the Jubilee and Fright Fest.

As a former participant, I agree it is best to avoid the park on that day!

Is the large fake tree really going away?

Yes, it's being removed sometime this week or the next

Bummer. It's my favorite "theming" at SFMM. I'd rather see them repair the fake tree and put up an exhibit about Giant Sequoia trees (which really do get that wide), but they wouldn't make any money from doing that.

"Ain't No Such Thing As Superman"

-- Gil Scott-Heron

I wouldn't judge. The fake tree was starting to show it's age and I hear the new entrance will be much more welcoming and nicer than the fake tree. Hopefully SFMM doesn't mess up with a new entrance/ makeover to the kids area.

I really doubt the new entrance will look good. Remember, the Full Throttle area was their latest attempt at a themed area...

I've always thought the tree was ugly, and that it stood out in a bad way. It's too bad that Six Flags is doing a poor job of keeping up the park's history, but if there's one thing I don't mind leaving, that's it.

Now if it'd been a bit shorter, more realistic looking, and maybe surrounded by some smaller trees so that it didn't stand out so much, maybe then it would've looked ok.

I always thought the tree looked a little "odd." So, if they want to get rid of it, rather than doing something to improve its appearance, then so be it, as far as I'm concerned.

YOLO Plaza and the potential destruction of the tree got me thinking; how would we feel if SFMM was "Cedar Politicized"?

As in, just gave up on the theming in general and just made a clean, simple well kept midway?

I think the teeming, as minimal as it is, really adds to the park, then again I may just be nostalgic to my home park....