TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I just saw the Camry commercial. I agree that it would be better than anything else at SFMM if it were real!

Sadly, it probably had better capacity than a lot of SFMM's rides too!

Well they were running more than one car!

I just saw the Camry commercial. I agree that it would be better than anything else at SFMM if it were real!

Sadly, it probably had better capacity than a lot of SFMM's rides too!

Well they were running more than one car!

Exactly! Plus there was no stacking!

We are thinking about going to sfmm next year and we are coming from Kansas and does anyone expect x2 special effects to be working because they are really cool

I am going to guess that if they are broken, SFMM probably won't waste the money in trying to repair them.

We are thinking about going to sfmm next year and we are coming from Kansas and does anyone expect x2 special effects to be working because they are really cool

I am going to guess that if they are broken, SFMM probably won't waste the money in trying to repair them.

I think the park said in their Q&A at WCB 2012 that they actually have someone on staff full-time who works on X2's speakers. It's just an always-losing battle, but at least there are stretches of time where the sound does work. It's better than nothing.

I think the park said in their Q&A at WCB 2012 that they actually have someone on staff full-time who works on X2's speakers. It's just an always-losing battle, but at least there are stretches of time where the sound does work. It's better than nothing.

I think it's pretty random when the sound works. I've gone for multiple days and one day the speakers work and the next they don't. It's mainly luck on whether you're going to get to ride with the audio.

I think that about 10% of all the rides I've done on X2 had all the effects working the whole ride. I still think it's a great ride, albeit painful. I actually don't really care for the sound, as I could only hear it on the lift hill.

They've always had audio/video technicians on the staff. I'm sure in typical SFMM fashion, they added to their workload without hiring additional staff or giving much of a budget to keep parts in stock.

If by special effects, you mean the fog and fire, then the fire still works, although they turn it off when it's too windy. I haven't seen the fog working in quite some time, although it's definitely possible that it's just been too breezy when I've been there for it to be visible. My most recent ride on X2 was in July and the fire was working, so I would assume that this will be the case when it reopens. As others have stated, the on-board audio is spotty at best.

I don't think they bother with the fog at all anymore, I cant remember the last time I saw it, it's been years. The fire is otherwise the most elusive effect, I hear from other people that it's been on from time to time, but I've never seen it myself. Audio is just hit and miss. Most times I visit the park one train has audio and one doesn't, and sometimes only for parts of the day.

Too bad X2 is down during Fright Fest this year, it was kind of cool to get alternate audio last year, I liked it better than the original audio. I'm hoping they'll have X2 up and running in time for the spring ride flips when I get to visit again.

The effects have been hit or miss for me. The fire has only worked about half the time, Don't remember the fog working except at media day. The on board audio is a waste. If it is working it is fine until the top of the lift hill then I can barely here it through out the rest of the ride. Doesn't bother me if it isn't working at all.

X2 is definitely one of my favorites too. As for effects, audio has been pretty spotty lately, usually I'm lucky if I can even just barely hear it on the lifthill. You definitely have to get lucky with that. When it is working, it'd be cool if they utilized alternate tracks more often. The fire almost always seems to work for me on days when it's not windy. I don't recall seeing fog since maybe the first year following the conversion to X2. The fog was a pretty nice effect at night, and they still show it on the park maps. Similarly, it's too bad they didn't do Foggy Batman again this year, it was awesome when they had it during WCB a few years back.

If by special effects, you mean the fog and fire, then the fire still works, although they turn it off when it's too windy. I haven't seen the fog working in quite some time, although it's definitely possible that it's just been too breezy when I've been there for it to be visible. My most recent ride on X2 was in July and the fire was working, so I would assume that this will be the case when it reopens. As others have stated, the on-board audio is spotty at best.

I was mainly thinking about the on board audio

It would be great if the park could get B:TR's effects back to their opening day form. It's a rarity now to even see the fan in the "sewer" turning and the audio effect that goes with it playing!

It would be great if the park could get B:TR's effects back to their opening day form. It's a rarity now to even see the fan in the "sewer" turning and the audio effect that goes with it playing!

I have a feeling that since Batman is going to be more popular with the trains going backward, they will get the effects going again.