TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

You guys realize Raccoons can be found at almost every single park in the country? They're not stupid...they know where the food is at. Batman actually had one living in the station when I worked there.

Edited by Jew

You guys realize Raccoons can be found at almost every single park in the country? They're not stupid...they know where the food is at. Batman actually had one living in the station when I worked there.

I haven't seen any at Knott's yet, but we have plenty of cats! I was working Hat Dance one night and one just casually walked out onto the platform. There's one named Baxter that always hangs out at the rides office backstage too haha.

Of course. But come on. That photo was a lot of fun

Hey guys, going to Fright Fest on Sunday Oct. 13, is there a strategy I could use to hit most of the mazes? If not all of them? Thanks.

Get the Front of the Line Pass. I'd guess that Total Darkness will have the lowest capacity. Don't do the outdoor mazes (El Chupacabra, Aftermath, Cursed) until it's very dark.

As for the "order" of the mazes, kind of hard to say since the event hasn't started yet but I'd go with Total Darkness first then Insanetorium, cursed, Aftermath, Black Widow, Willoughby's, Chupacabra and then end the night with Toyz of Terror. Everybody always seems to go to that maze first but by the end of the night the line dies down.

That is with the normal pass. If you get the FOTL pass then order doesn't matter.

I haven't seen any at Knott's yet, but we have plenty of cats! I was working Hat Dance one night and one just casually walked out onto the platform. There's one named Baxter that always hangs out at the rides office backstage too haha.

There's a few Possums and Raccoons living in Timber Mountain Log ride and Calico Mine Ride. At the end of the night during closing procedures @ Log Ride there's animation that needs to be manually shut off and for a couple of them you would have to reach into holes to "flip" the switch. We used sticks to avoid having to blindly stick our hands into a hole as Possums and Raccoons lived in a few of the holes.

Going to the park tomorrow and I'm guessing X2 will still be down?

Such a bummer as I probably wouldn't be going if it wasn't for friends that wanna go, just stinks they won't be able to ride X2 cause IMO a trip to SFMM just ain't the same without a ride on X2!

Local news reporting that a Buffalo Wild Wings is FINALLY coming to the Santa Clarita Valley this fall. Precise location will be at the corner of Whites Cyn & Soledad Cyn Roads in a former Blockbuster Video location.

If you're planning on visiting that during a trip to SFMM, carve out a good bit of time. It will take at least 20 minutes to get over there from SFMM, and that's if you know the roads.

If you don't, here's directions:

Go straight out of SFMM onto Magic Mtn Pkwy.

Left onto Valencia Blvd.

Head straight for a long, long time until you reach Whites Cyn Rd.

It'll be on your right just past the stoplight at Whites Cyn.

It's not in the greatest part of town, but it's better than nothing!

Yay for BWW but boo that it's not right down the street from the park like some other great places like Lazy Dog, Elephant Bar, etc.

If traffic is light it may even be quicker to get the the Burbank BWW instead of driving through all of those signals. Earlier this year I made it from the NoHo Metro station to SFMM in about 12 minutes with no traffic.

Park said X2 will not be operating for Fright Fest which puts it out of commission until at least the 1st of November.

Sorry if this has already been answered, but why is X2 out for FF? Something mechanical?

Park said X2 will not be operating for Fright Fest which puts it out of commission until at least the 1st of November.

Sorry if this has already been answered, but why is X2 out for FF? Something mechanical?

I believe the lift hill chain broke in August

I believe the lift hill chain broke in August

Yes, and it had to be remanufactured. It is expected to be down for another 3-6 months.