TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I now dub this racoon the "YOLOcoon." Time to make him into a character! Still wishing I had seen this in person myself but my leeriness of racoons (they can be quite sketchy as cute as they look) kept me and the rest of the group away from that side of the queue.

ROFL HIGHFIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I now dub this racoon the "YOLOcoon." Time to make him into a character! Still wishing I had seen this in person myself but my leeriness of racoons (they can be quite sketchy as cute as they look) kept me and the rest of the group away from that side of the queue.

Well that absolutely just made my night!

Nice picture as well

LOL! That is awesome!

Oh, and I was absolutely stunned to find out the SFMM museum in the Sky Tower is completely gone.

I was shocked to discover this as well..

I asked the employee stationed at the top of the Sky Tower about it and he gave me an interesting answer (which I'm not sure I believe). He said that guests were vandalizing as well as taking the old costumes on display and wearing them. He also said guests were throwing things off the tower from the lower, open-air deck. How guests got down there I have no idea.. but I didn't press for details.

He did say that the park planned to recreate the museum in the near future.

I really liked the museum, and I hope they re-create it somewhere else in the park.

As far as the water thing goes, you should be able to get something to drink whenever the park is open, and employees should absolutely be able to direct guests to open locations. I will say SFMM is not immune to this, as during my last visit to IOA two years ago, it was virtually impossible to get anything to drink before Noon, and FL isn't exactly known for it's cool temperatures...

dt

I really liked the museum, and I hope they re-create it somewhere else in the park.

dt

Don't hold your breath....

When the museum was being developed, it was sad to see how few items were kept from the past years. Only a few surviving items were in a presentable condition. The only reason the Troll costume survived was because it was forgotten in a back room of the old Cyclone Bay employee break room. (And still, it's hat was missing.)

The amount of work that was spent on putting that museum together, while being given virtually no budget was amazing. It happened to be at a time when the park was lucky enough to have a few great Ride Supervisors who not only cared about the park in its current state, but also wanted to celebrate the parks rich past.

The main reason the museum closed was because the few nice items that were on display became sunbaked and no longer presentable. No money was allocated to maintain the museum, so mostly everything was pulled out.

The park does not seem to care about its past. Every big ticket item that would be great to hold onto, ends up being sold to Dog Mike (the owner of the dog kennels south of the park on The Old Road) to make money off the item, or give it to him because it is cheaper than paying for someone to come haul it away from the park.

Too focused on the future to care about the past. If that is where they want to place their focus, then good for them.

Better than nothing > history and memories.

The Q&A discussion about SFMM's 2014 kiddie coaster and a mention about YOLO Jr inspired me to make this today...

Live Half Throttle!

It's... beautiful. *sheds a tear*

Now we just need to wait for someone to make No Throttle. It'd have no loop at all, just a launch straight into a turnaround over the main stretch of track and into the brakes.

Also, mind posting that to the TPR Game Exchange? I'd love to download it and experience the thrill for myself.

dt

Don't hold your breath....

When the museum was being developed, it was sad to see how few items were kept from the past years. Only a few surviving items were in a presentable condition. The only reason the Troll costume survived was because it was forgotten in a back room of the old Cyclone Bay employee break room. (And still, it's hat was missing.)

The amount of work that was spent on putting that museum together, while being given virtually no budget was amazing. It happened to be at a time when the park was lucky enough to have a few great Ride Supervisors who not only cared about the park in its current state, but also wanted to celebrate the parks rich past.

The main reason the museum closed was because the few nice items that were on display became sunbaked and no longer presentable. No money was allocated to maintain the museum, so mostly everything was pulled out.

The park does not seem to care about its past. Every big ticket item that would be great to hold onto, ends up being sold to Dog Mike (the owner of the dog kennels south of the park on The Old Road) to make money off the item, or give it to him because it is cheaper than paying for someone to come haul it away from the park.

Too focused on the future to care about the past. If that is where they want to place their focus, then good for them.

Better than nothing > history and memories.

Holy crap, that costume was there when I worked there 10 years ago!

Also, that kennel has become an SFMM museum in its own right. I believe he was evening restoring the 99 train to run around the property?

The Q&A discussion about SFMM's 2014 kiddie coaster and a mention about YOLO Jr inspired me to make this today...

Live Half Throttle!

The worlds FIRST Jr. Top Hat! Yet another record!

It would also be the slowest inverting multi-launch Premier Rides roller coaster south of Castaic and north of Sylmar. Great records.