TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^ Nice update! Were they actually re-tracking Apocalypse, or were they doing an inspection?

Possibly an inspection but i can see that some work has been done to that particular turn

If I am correct those boards on the recently re-tracked portion are for trims. Right?

So are we safe to assume Apocalypse will be back up and running for WCB? X2, I'm a little concerned about though. Only time will tell at this point.

Knowing SFMM, it's not safe to assume anything until the ride actually reopens. I want to think the park will want to get both rides open as quickly as possible as they are two of the headliners, but I could also see them saying "we've only got one week until Labor Day, and after that we'll be dead until Fright Fest, so if we can't open it this week we can wait until then to have it going again." I would be a bit surprised if Apocalypse isn't ready assuming there isn't more to the problem, but if X2 did break the chain I'd expect it to be a few weeks before the ride reopens.

I doubt that the scheduled ERT during WCB plays much into the reopening schedules, but I do hope that if one or both of the rides are unavailable the park will substitute additional attractions to replace them.

Hi everyone... again..

SFMM on Columbus day? good, bad, busy, dead? I have had to tweak my itinerary and will be hitting the park on the 14th oct instead of the last week of September

Columbus Day is always extremely dead! It's a really great day to go! Just watch out for all the one train operations.

SWEEEEEET!! I may not need to fork out for a flash pass now!

So are we safe to assume Apocalypse will be back up and running for WCB? X2, I'm a little concerned about though. Only time will tell at this point.

Knowing SFMM, it's not safe to assume anything until the ride actually reopens. I want to think the park will want to get both rides open as quickly as possible as they are two of the headliners, but I could also see them saying "we've only got one week until Labor Day, and after that we'll be dead until Fright Fest, so if we can't open it this week we can wait until then to have it going again." I would be a bit surprised if Apocalypse isn't ready assuming there isn't more to the problem, but if X2 did break the chain I'd expect it to be a few weeks before the ride reopens.

I doubt that the scheduled ERT during WCB plays much into the reopening schedules, but I do hope that if one or both of the rides are unavailable the park will substitute additional attractions to replace them.

That happened last year too, when we arrived at the park and were waiting to get in, they told us that the itinerary had been changed and we got ERT on a different ride, I can't remember which ones were changed.

Went to the park yesterday. X2 was closed all day and the train was on the lift hill. Of course Apocalypse was closed as well. Even though the parking lot was filled to the dirt lot half of the second lot was closed due to the building of some sort of ramp. Without that I'd say it'd probably take about 2 full parking lots and 2/3 of the 3rd lot. I think the park seemed busier because people were scattered due to X2 being closed, but we were there from 11-745 and managed the following in order Goliath (15 min wait back row), Drop of Doom (25 min wait), walked to Scream and they only had 1 train line was down the stairs which isn't worth it IMO so we skipped that, Batman (15 min wait row 7). Went to lunch around 2, came back around 4 and went on Full Throttle (45 min wait back row), Superman (20 min wait with BOTH sides open front row!), Ninja (5 min wait for the front) and finally Riddlers (5 min wait back row). For how busy it was and the fact X2 and Apocalypse were closed it wasn't too bad of a day and every ride the operators really seemed on top of their game with quick dispatches. I thought it'd be slower as kids are back in school or in Orange County going back today, but apparently I was wrong with that assumption. After the Labor Day wkknd it should slow down quite a bit by the middle of Sept hopefully!

One thing I noticed there is a fence across from Full Throttle (directly to the left of the new Full Throttle Wings) and fully blocks you from walking by the old Monorail station, Flashback area and those bathrooms. That wasn't there the night Full Throttle opened. Tim Burkhart was quoted saying something would go in Flashbacks old spot and that is quite a bit of room for either the park (probably enough for a Huss Frisbee or even a small Euro Fighter) or even for Hurricane Harbor. I wouldn't be surprised to see the 2014 attraction (If it isnt Iron Colossus) go there.

^You think anyone could endure Revolution ERT?

If that were the case I can already feel the throbbing headache now

It wasn't Revolution, seriously? I'm pretty sure it was Riddler and Scream that were switched, but I'm not sure which way.

It was originally Scream but Riddler was running one train so they replaced Scream with Riddler.

^If you want someone that can endure Revolution ERT, I can do it. Somehow, I know how to stop all headbanging on it and have a decent ride on it.

Just force your head back against the headrest (The same rule can apply to Riddler). True we shouldn't have to do this on a roller coaster...But this is making the best of what we have to work with here. It's a nice roller coaster as it goes in and out of the terrain. So don't count it out. Especially when you have shadows in the late afternoon from the trees. As for Green lantern. In my opinion you're best bet is to tighten the restraints around your crotch. Then when you start to flip, roll your shoulders forwards like your rolling out of a car. These are just tips and I hope they help.

^You think anyone could endure Revolution ERT?

If that were the case I can already feel the throbbing headache now

It wasn't Revolution, seriously? I'm pretty sure it was Riddler and Scream that were switched, but I'm not sure which way.

I wasn't saying that Rev was for ERT. I was just making a "What if" statement...as in what if we had Rev for ERT...and who could endure the wrath of a neutered Schwarzkopf ride.

Just force your head back against the headrest (The same rule can apply to Riddler). True we shouldn't have to do this on a roller coaster...But this is making the best of what we have to work with here. It's a nice roller coaster as it goes in and out of the terrain. So don't count it out. Especially when you have shadows in the late afternoon from the trees. As for Green lantern. In my opinion you're best bet is to tighten the restraints around your crotch. Then when you start to flip, roll your shoulders forwards like your rolling out of a car. These are just tips and I hope they help.

Tried that, tried sticking hands between restraints and head (to cushion the blow), tried sticking head forward...pretty much all the above but didn't work. And that final brake run wasn't coming soon enough.

I wasn't saying that Rev was for ERT. I was just making a "What if" statement...as in what if we had Rev for ERT...and who could endure the wrath of a neutered Schwarzkopf ride.

In previous years there has been Revolution (and Viper) ERT at night. I remember one year riding Revolution during night ERT and the employees were excited people were actually coming to ride (if I remember right, there were only six or seven people on the train and when we got back there was maybe one person waiting). Due to the trees, Revolution is actually a pretty decent ride when it's dark, but I wouldn't ride more than once since it's still the roughest coaster at the park.

I rode Revolution for about 30 min straight during ERT last year, and the majority of my rides were solo. Riding it at night is really cool and I was kinda bummed everyone was unhappy with it because I had a total blast riding in the front row the whole time.

The ride really isn't rough in the front row aside from that one turn that was taken out when they built Tatsu.