TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I know it's too early and highly unlikely, but nobody's mentioned it so I will......IRON COLOSSUS!! Hey, it's SFMM right? so anything can be possible...or is it anything is better than nothing!

the bus driver last time i was there was doing his own announcement for iron colossus. asking who rode colossus, then saying this is the last year and will be rebuilt as a steel coaster. so it has to be true from such a reliable source.

Honestly guys I think it is now time to put two and two together. It is late August and announcements happen on August 29th. Colussus is an old ride with about another year or two in lifespan. Six flags great America, six flags Mexico, and maybe six flags St. Louis are getting RMC's in the next 1-3 years. When company's buy rides you usually buy in bulk. Also Six flags great adventure just got parts coming in for there new ride, and for massive amounts of wood to just start being unloaded very CLOSE to Coulssus kinda makes you wonder. Also with this ride being a rumor for a year now I would probally be willing to bet that this wood may or may not be for Iron Colussus.

Honestly guys I think it is now time to put two and two together. It is late August and announcements happen on August 29th. Colussus is an old ride with about another year or two in lifespan. Six flags great America, six flags Mexico, and maybe six flags St. Louis are getting RMC's in the next 1-3 years. When company's buy rides you usually buy in bulk. Also Six flags great adventure just got parts coming in for there new ride, and for massive amounts of wood to just start being unloaded very CLOSE to Coulssus kinda makes you wonder. Also with this ride being a rumor for a year now I would probally be willing to bet that this wood may or may not be for Iron Colussus.

I'm pretty sure that we've been saying that Colossus is going to get the Iron Horse treatment for some time now, it's not a surprise.

Also with this ride being a rumor for a year now I would probally be willing to bet that this wood may or may not be for Iron Colussus.

That means nothing. When you say "may or may not" that means you put no real commitment into your "bet." By the way, this doesn't look like it's for "Iron Colossus" :

BSTLP-bCAAAueM3.jpg:large

image credit: SirClinksalot's twitter

If a tram driver truly did say that Colossus would close is a pretty big clue that it will. But I don't know what to believe and I think I'll just wait the few days on this. I'm not holding my breath, but SoCal DESPERATELY needs an airtime machine!!

Also with this ride being a rumor for a year now I would probally be willing to bet that this wood may or may not be for Iron Colussus.

That means nothing. When you say "may or may not" that means you put no real commitment into your "bet." By the way, this doesn't look like it's for "Iron Colossus" :

BSTLP-bCAAAueM3.jpg:large

image credit: SirClinksalot's twitter

If a tram driver truly did say that Colossus would close is a pretty big clue that it will. But I don't know what to believe and I think I'll just wait the few days on this. I'm not holding my breath, but SoCal DESPERATELY needs an airtime machine!!

What makes you think this isn't for Colussus

he definitely said it...but, he could just be repeating some stuff he's read on a forum. so who knows. less than a week and we will find out. i'm hoping it's true.

he definitely said it...but, he could just be repeating some stuff he's read on a forum. so who knows. less than a week and we will find out. i'm hoping it's true.

Ok, cool! Well you knows how well-informed he is. I have a question though, if Colossus were to reopen in 2015, would they announce the coaster next Thursday? Or if 2015 is the case, do you guys just expect them to announce only the closing of Colossus?

Ok, cool! Well you knows how well-informed he is. I have a question though, if Colossus were to reopen in 2015, would they announce the coaster next Thursday? Or if 2015 is the case, do you guys just expect them to announce only the closing of Colossus?

Most likely Thursday because by the time they announce it the next year it won't be a suprise

Thanks. I have 1 more question:

Are there any good fast food places near SFMM? Please don't mention In N' Out.

You could try Tommy's. There just down the road on The Old Road next to Del Taco and Jack in the Box. Tommy's is a local LA area burger chain that specializes in chili burgers. You could also look up Yelp on your phone to see what has good reviews outside the park. And if you hop on the freeway south for a few exits there's an In N Out which in my opinion is way better than Jack in the Box or Wendy's which are near the park.

Just be prepared that if you eat at Tommy's your day, or week may need to be spent no more than 2 feet from a toilet.

Hopefully slides are in 2014, and Iron Colossus in 2015.

They would have had to started it last year to get Colossus done by 2015.