TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Went to the park today. Plenty of line jumping from summer camp kids and their camp counselors were just letting it happen, Full Throttle had a 5 minute wait around 2PM, the ride-operator at Sandblasters was horrendously slow being distracted on his cell phone, and Revolution is in bad shape. Seriously, there was duct-tape holding the queue together. I think Revolution should be the next ride to get a rehab. Overall, not the best day at the park, not the worst.

Also saw 3 stilt walkers. One being a Parrot maybe, another from the Lion King Musical, and a Pirate.

Was thinking of heading to the park Tuesday the 30th because I'm in the mood for a "Better than nothing day" but what has YOLOcoaster's lines been like this summer?

-Cookie

I was at the park this past Tuesday and later in the day the line was about an hour to an hour and a half. But they are moving fast with getting trains in and out of the station.

I understand that there are significant flaws in the way Six Flags Magic Mountain conducts itself, but come one! A theme park with 18 roller coasters and a series of world record holding/holders, I think we're being way too harsh. I'd love to live near a Six Flags Magic Mountain. Instead, the nearest roller coaster to me is a old wooden wild mouse 300kms away. The likes of Superman, Tower of Terror II, Arkham Asylum and so on are over 1100kms away! I think some of you are perhaps taking Six Flags for granted... I agree there are some improvements that could/should be made, but please, see it from my perspective where Six Flags Magic Mountain has more roller coasters than the whole of Australia put together!

Anyone else notice (what looks like) the return of Riddler's missing train? Was it shipped back from NJ? Thought I saw it by Scream!

It is too bad that there is no chance for some sort of transportation ride to return to this park - this park, more than many, needs it AND they're just nice to have. In the "old days" it always seemed nice to have a "ride" that everyone could go on (most every ride at the park really requires you to "have" to be a ride person)....I know, I know, the park is FOR people who want to ride - but there are still plenty of parents/grandparents that tag along that end up just spending time sitting on a bench/holding jackets/watching the stroller!

On a somewhat related note, anyone know what the status of that old kennel down the road is (the one where the guy had rescued a bunch of MM relics)? I know he "temporarily" went out of business, just wondering if all of the stuff is still there?

Knowing SFMM, I don't think they are going to ever run 3 trains on Riddler, more likely 1, at least it's better than nothing though.

My hope was that they won't ever have to run 1 train. They can always be rehabbing one while keeping 2 trains running, unlike what they've been doing currently. Looking at any other park, what a concept for SFMM.

When I was there a couple months ago they were running both trains and the operations were vastly improved over my previous visit several months earlier, it also seemed like they had put some work into cleaning up the station (not as dirty, all the lasers functional, music working) so I think they are actually starting to pay attention to it for a change.

I understand that there are significant flaws in the way Six Flags Magic Mountain conducts itself, but come one! A theme park with 18 roller coasters and a series of world record holding/holders, I think we're being way too harsh. I'd love to live near a Six Flags Magic Mountain. Instead, the nearest roller coaster to me is a old wooden wild mouse 300kms away. The likes of Superman, Tower of Terror II, Arkham Asylum and so on are over 1100kms away! I think some of you are perhaps taking Six Flags for granted... I agree there are some improvements that could/should be made, but please, see it from my perspective where Six Flags Magic Mountain has more roller coasters than the whole of Australia put together!

Sure but with cruddy operations and poor employees, it kinda ruins the whole experience. And living near the park after awhile, you just get tired of the cruddy operations.

Sure but with cruddy operations and poor employees, it kinda ruins the whole experience. And living near the park after awhile, you just get tired of the cruddy operations.

I've only been to the park once (for a couple days) and I thought the operations were quite good. Tatsu, Goliath and X2 were very good... Or maybe it's just me being used to the dreadful operations on the Gold Coast - Slow change overs, nearly all coasters having just one train, lack of operators, the list goes on...

I was there last week for three days and most operations were consistently terrible every day. I didn't understand why it was so difficult to simply just move a bit quicker, stop fooling around with other ops, and be a bit more conscientious about filling empty seats (especially Superman's crew). Many parks have just as many rides to keep up with and have better operations, so it's not like it can't be done. SFMM's collection of coasters is awesome, but it's a shame that a decent guest experience is hindered by shoddy operations.

Edited by FeelTheFORCE