TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I understand that there are significant flaws in the way Six Flags Magic Mountain conducts itself, but come one! A theme park with 18 roller coasters and a series of world record holding/holders, I think we're being way too harsh. I'd love to live near a Six Flags Magic Mountain. Instead, the nearest roller coaster to me is a old wooden wild mouse 300kms away. The likes of Superman, Tower of Terror II, Arkham Asylum and so on are over 1100kms away! I think some of you are perhaps taking Six Flags for granted... I agree there are some improvements that could/should be made, but please, see it from my perspective where Six Flags Magic Mountain has more roller coasters than the whole of Australia put together!

Welcome to the SFMM Discussion Thread! You just kinda gotta get used to doing this as you browse endless pages of and The park really isn't as bad as the tone around here suggests lately. Shockingly some of actually enjoy our visits these days and can appreciate how fortunate we are to have a park that has 18 coasters open year round and manages to keep them all open now. Bandwagon humor is the best kind - so much fun to see the same 'joke' over and over, I never tire of it!

...which reminds me that I haven't see a stilt-walker photo in the last few pages. Wes, you're losing your touch - I neverthought that one would get old!

Couple of questions for you MM frequenters:

Is Superman now running two cars? Going on Tuesday and my last three visits — all weekdays — only saw one operational car.

And what about Colossus? Could not believe there was a 45 minute wait and one running car during my last summer weekday visit.

Also: Planning on getting there first thing and using Discover entrance to get in five minutes early — at least that's what happened on my last visit — so I can get on FT without much of a wait, and maybe re-ride right after. Anyone else who managed to get on one of the first cars on any particular morning run back into line after riding and hop on again in pretty quick time? Or does the queue fill up so quickly that a consecutive ride comes with a long wait?

Thanks!

SFMM mocking aside for a moment, after riding SFDK Superman this past week and now Full Throttle, I can now declare my new fanboyism for all things Premier Rides. They're new gen rides are weird, funky and the most fun things I've come across in a while.

SFMM mocking aside for a moment, after riding SFDK Superman this past week and now YOLOcoaster, I can now declare my new fanboyism for all things Premier Rides. They're new gen rides are weird, funky and the most fun things I've come across in a while.

You ever ride B&R The Chiller at Great Adventure?

It had awful lines back in the day and the OTSR used to suck but that was a fun ride! Esp after they went to lap bars.

SFMM mocking aside for a moment, after riding SFDK Superman this past week and now YOLOcoaster, I can now declare my new fanboyism for all things Premier Rides. They're new gen rides are weird, funky and the most fun things I've come across in a while.

It had awful lines back in the day and the OTSR used to suck but that was a fun ride! Esp after they went to lap bars.

B&R The Chiller isn't one of their new generation rides, it was built in 1997, he was talking about rides like Superman at SFDK, YOLOcoaster, Sky Rocket, and their newer coasters.

B&R The Chiller isn't one of their new generation rides, it was built in 1997, he was talking about rides like Superman at SFDK, YOLOcoaster, Sky Rocket, and their newer coasters.

Very true, and I agree I like the unique wacky new rides, but still point was Premier made some solid stuff always!

I understand that there are significant flaws in the way Six Flags Magic Mountain conducts itself, but come one! A theme park with 18 roller coasters and a series of world record holding/holders, I think we're being way too harsh. I'd love to live near a Six Flags Magic Mountain. Instead, the nearest roller coaster to me is a old wooden wild mouse 300kms away. The likes of Superman, Tower of Terror II, Arkham Asylum and so on are over 1100kms away! I think some of you are perhaps taking Six Flags for granted... I agree there are some improvements that could/should be made, but please, see it from my perspective where Six Flags Magic Mountain has more roller coasters than the whole of Australia put together!

Sure but with cruddy operations and poor employees, it kinda ruins the whole experience. And living near the park after awhile, you just get tired of the cruddy operations.

I think what he was basically saying, is that having a SFMM near you is better than nothing.

Sure but with cruddy operations and poor employees, it kinda ruins the whole experience. And living near the park after awhile, you just get tired of the cruddy operations.

I think what he was basically saying, is that having a SFMM near you is better than nothing.

Good call! that appears to be the general trend of this thread! Honestly I think it would be A LOT BETTER than nothing.

I'd still take a megalite over any of those Premier rides in a hearbeat. Though I agree it is nice to see them have a resurgence in the industry.

^

1) I think everybody is pretty certain that Iron Colossus is coming and that at the very least it will be 2015

2) Due to how delayed everything is at SFMM the past few years I think people are kind of sick of talking about 1 ride for a year or more

3) Full Throttle was a 20 month process from the day Log Jammer closed and I think people just have construction burn-out. I know I certainly do.

4) I honestly don't think there is going to be a major addition for 2014. Maybe a flat or two for SFMM and new slides for SFHH. I'll be absolutely thrilled with those but they don't really generate a whole lot of rumors like a coaster would.