TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

How forceful is Goliath these days?

I know how legendary it was but I've heard it's been a bit tamed, and newer POVs do look like that MCBR slows it near stop...

Plenty forceful. The helix is not crushing, but it is definitely pretty strong (probably strongest forces in the park other than Tatsu's pretzel loop) and on most rides I start to get a little tunnel vision by the end of it. I never rode the coaster opening year, but I have heard the brakes were turned up after the death in 2001. You do slow down significantly on the brakes, but the POV videos make it seem slower than it feels.

How forceful is Goliath these days?

I know how legendary it was but I've heard it's been a bit tamed, and newer POVs do look like that MCBR slows it near stop...

Plenty forceful. The helix is not crushing, but it is definitely pretty strong (probably strongest forces in the park other than Tatsu's pretzel loop) and on most rides I start to get a little tunnel vision by the end of it. I never rode the coaster opening year, but I have heard the brakes were turned up after the death in 2001. You do slow down significantly on the brakes, but the POV videos make it seem slower than it feels.

Ah I forgot Tatsu, yeah that pretzel loop is serious business.

So just for kicks I'll rank the most forceful rides (based on max potential as GL can vary quite a bit and so can Batman to a lesser extent depending on row):

1. Green Lantern - if you get the right weight distribution, it can feel like it's literally trying to rip your face off.

2. Tatsu - Pretzel Loop. Nothing more needs to be said.

3. Batman/Goliath - forcefulness about the same to me. Batman's first loop and Goliath's helix being the most forceful parts.

YC not considered as I haven't gotten the credit yet, but I doubt any part of it approaches those three.

1. Green Lantern - if you get the right weight distribution, it can feel like it's literally trying to rip your face off.

Amen to that. I had a ride last week with just me on one side, and two people on the other side. I'm usually one for intense rides, but I was definitely not expecting what was in store.

Was just at the park today and crowds were fairly light all day, longest lines of the day were RR and Goliath. Shortest lines were Apocolypse, X2, Superman, Lex, and just about everything else. Goliath today was horrible, rode in that back and it felt like a wheel was about to be chucked, it was so rough. Full throttle, I'll say that you should NOT under estimate this ride at all, it exceeded my expectations so much. I can't wait for ERT on this at WCB. X2 audio was working on train 1 I believe for the entire ride while the other was just static after the drop. Lex Luthor was amazing with the tower swaying. That's just about everything, had a really fun day with the light crowds.

Every year I come down to SoCal for hokey and we go to this park. This is the third time. I was at the park over the last two days and the lines were very short. The longest line I waited in was YOLO coaster, it was about 45 minutes. But when I walked past Tatsu it was the longest ride I saw both days. It was hot out and sunny.

First, I went to Full Throttle. I was surprised how well it fit into the area it's at. I was even more surprised that it is an awesome ride. Their is some serious hang time in the loop. The backwards launch has some force. Its not to much but noticeable. Going over the loop was amazing and some good air time in that drop (which I think the park lacks air time for the amount of coaters). The ride broke down about here times when I was their. The plaza looks nice. It just looks weird that their is no sign for the ride and they haven't put the hand rails up yet. It looks like their is about three more rows that they need to drill holes in the ground before they put the rest up. It looks like the hill to the left would be a nice spot for a ride station with the lift or brakes that go through the loop.

Goliath is my favorite ride. The helix defiantly has some good forces on it. Also when my stepdad went on after me and my sister the train actually stopped on the MCBR before continuing. Mine just slowed down a lot. The first drop, air time hill and hang time is the highlights of the ride.

Lex Luther was awesome and the sway on the tower was crazy. A good type of crazy. Scream was fun, nothing special. It sucks they were only running one car. Colossus was ok, it needs some work. The wood looks like its going to fall apart. My mom and I wouldn't stop flipping on Green Lantern. I got stuck on batman for about 5 minutes. That was broken down for about half the day. Riddler is still one of my favorites and its getting rough. Apocalypse was awesome, the fire wasn't working. Also the second day it was only using one train. Ninja was good, but its a must ride in front. The fast pass is annoying because your next then a person just gets on right in front of you. Superman was awesome. Tatsu was great as always. It really needs a paint job. Viper was good also. loved the first drop and double corkscrew. X2 was also amazing. The on ride audio was working but not the fire.

Here are some pictures. Sorry for bad quality.

mm11.thumb.jpg.485a3cf7a6bdcd8cfe1bac7c0bddd339.jpg

mm2.thumb.jpg.0a430b89ff3cd8172d7b5467fe5fc2a3.jpg

mm7.thumb.jpg.e1c9eb6f530d3e41c98f81a3e4a55caa.jpg

mm3.thumb.jpg.553dd3794bcc85584eecddcb4ec9f589.jpg

mm4.thumb.jpg.2974d6a45290ddbaa68694c900439e06.jpg

mm6.thumb.jpg.0ad630d44441d7754b2166113e18adc3.jpg

mm9.thumb.jpg.672687cb123722cfb15b03156c6a7f7a.jpg

mm10.thumb.jpg.c2fe0c9b7a700bac7a6c2c30726afdbf.jpg

mm12.thumb.jpg.782860f6520e6a9c1219c9a901ef02fb.jpg

mm1.png.cfa7f918c56376897958a9df6299c9b0.png

That would actually be better than the "my family comes here too...keep the park clean" they have on trash cans and the backs of employees shirts!

"A Summer Job at Six Flags...Better Than Nothing!"