TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Really?

Well that is a shocker.

Trust me, that's not a shocker. Either that or your doing it wrong.

Ha! You I like, if there's no award for best poster it needs to be made and given to you good sir.

Well sweet, don't get me wrong a painful boring ride wasn't gunna stop me but glad it's not as bad as I feared.

I agree that HH is beyond due a new attraction. My guess for 2014 will be a new slide complex for HH and one of those spinning water shooting flats for SFMM to somewhat make up for the loss of Log Jammer. I believe Screamscape even said that Six Flags trademarked the name and purchased some more so it looks like they could be going to quite a few of the Six Flags parks.

Screamscape sources tell us we may see several Six Flags parks add Aqua Twist wet flat rides in 2014. I’m told that the first one just installed at La Ronde for 2013 (a Mack Twist ‘n’ Splash) has been quite the hit for the park. Adding more fuel to the fire, Six Flags has also just filed for a US Trademark for the Aqua Twist name on June 28, 2013.

A splash battle would at least somewhat mitigate the lack of Log Jammer in the front of the park.

Would they have room near the back of the back by Scrambler and the bumper cars for that? I just REALLY want too see a Maxair in the YOLOPlaza. Or MM could continue the fair ride thing (weird portable Slingshot) and also put in a GRAVITRON, that would actually be really cool at a park like SFMM, but I guess they already have WW: Lasso of Truth (I crack up every time I see that name).

A couple flats and a splash battle in the YOLO area would be a good solid improvement...

If they add a splash battle... Nah, I don't think that will EVER happen at such an Xtremeee park. I really do want some new flats though.

Agreed. Great America is much more of a family park than Magic Mountain and our splash battle is still easily the least popular ride in the park. Even on hot days no body rides it.

They really should add a frisbee ride. Those rides are amazing, and it would actually be a good addition for them. Especially since they would probably have to make it the tallest frisbee in the world, so it would be massive.

How forceful is Goliath these days?

I know how legendary it was but I've heard it's been a bit tamed, and newer POVs do look like that MCBR slows it near stop...

Goliath is just as great as it always has been. The MCBR is there for a good reason, if you went through there at full speed..you'd probably be injured, its a very sharp turn..it would be very very bad. The slow to a near stop is by design, and is actually one of the cool parts of the ride because it does a very slow dip/turn that hangs you out the side of the car before you start the helix portion of the ride. Goliath will frequently cause grey-outs in the helix if you don't know how to prevent them, personally I think it's one of the most forceful coasters in the park with Green Lantern and Batman (not counting YC which I havent gotten to yet).

How forceful is Goliath these days?

I know how legendary it was but I've heard it's been a bit tamed, and newer POVs do look like that MCBR slows it near stop...

Goliath is just as great as it always has been. The MCBR is there for a good reason, if you went through there at full speed..you'd probably be injured, its a very sharp turn..it would be very very bad. The slow to a near stop is by design, and is actually one of the cool parts of the ride because it does a very slow dip/turn that hangs you out the side of the car before you start the helix portion of the ride.

Agreed. It's pretty intense to me. Didn't they add the big MCBR stop not too long after the ride opened because it was actually too intense and people were commonly blacking out?

^ The grey outs can happen during the helix, even with the MCBR..directly after the MCBR is a very sharp turn that I think could cause a neck injury if you went through at full speed. Plus like I said above it's actually a cool part of the ride, because with Goliath not having OTSRs, you kind of hang out of the car which is one of my favorite parts of the ride.

Edited by singemfrc

Well not full speed lol it always slowed it up pretty big

But I heard rumblings, mainly from here, about it being "stepped up" and made it less forceful.

Then again, I should know better than to listen toooo much to our fellow enthusiasts ha

Well not full speed lol it always slowed it up pretty big

But I heard rumblings, mainly from here, about it being "stepped up" and made it less forceful.

Then again, I should know better than to listen toooo much to our fellow enthusiasts ha

So far that I know there haven't been any modifications to the track since the opening year, and I've never heard anyone talk about a significant ride difference. I'm pretty sure the restraints were changed at some point though because I remember a much different restraint system when I first rode it then in recent trips.

Really?

Well that is a shocker.

Trust me, that's not a shocker. Either that or your doing it wrong.

Ha! You I like, if there's no award for best poster it needs to be made and given to you good sir.

Well sweet, don't get me wrong a painful boring ride wasn't gunna stop me but glad it's not as bad as I feared.

Guy always makes great posts and I have to agree with him, Viper is one of the better Arrow loopers.