TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^ I know what you mean! I live half way between SFStL and WOF. I went to SF this year for the first time in three years, and I have not been to WOF since 2006. I just cant afford it. It really sucks.

Ok guys, I have a few questions. I'm going to the park on the 23rd, how bad or good do you think the crowds will be on this day? Also, which rides should we go to first now that YOLOcoaster is open.

Check the events page and make sure there arent any large groups going that day, otherwise week days are always good. Your second question you answered yourself.

Thank you again.

One more question (I think ). With the flash pass, if it tells you that it is your time to ride on one coaster, do you have a time limit to get to that ride? I was wondering because obviously, ideally you want to put yourself in a line with Q-bot and then wait physically in another line at the same time to make the most of your time.

Thank you again.

One more question (I think ). With the flash pass, if it tells you that it is your time to ride on one coaster, do you have a time limit to get to that ride? I was wondering because obviously, ideally you want to put yourself in a line with Q-bot and then wait physically in another line at the same time to make the most of your time.

Nope, you have as much time as you need to get to the ride once it is ready.

So planning a SOCAL trip the week of August 13-20. My question about MM is which day of the week is best during the summer? Does it even matter? Second, I will for sure be getting the Platinum FlashPass and was wondering how they are working that with Full Throttle and X2?

So planning a SOCAL trip the week of August 13-20. My question about MM is which day of the week is best during the summer? Does it even matter? Second, I will for sure be getting the Platinum FlashPass and was wondering how they are working that with YOLOcoaster and X2?

For YOLOCoaster and X2 it is $15 per person per ride to skip the line. You have to purchase your reservation at the Flash Pass office. You can do the same for Lex Luthor.

Just went on the Throttle a few days ago for the first time. Amazing coaster, I feel like such a scrub for doubting it upon seeing the rendering for the first time. Dat hangtime.

The plaza was pretty great too. Sick music blasting as loud as possible, tall-ass people walking around, flashing lights and shit, shots of coasters playing to dubstep on a huge screen, loved it. Those extreme loaded awesome baller yolo nacho jala-maple-ranch fries were crazy tasty too. Had to drive back to norcal, so I couldn't stay to see it at nighttime but I'm sure it's awesome. Hopefully more people actually dance at night, cause my friend and I were some of the only ones during the day.

Edited by Mater

^I hope that's sarcasm. The plaza area looked and felt like it was thrown together in 5 minutes. Temporary stage, awning with barricade and rope as the queue, and mostly bad dubstep music (I heard one re-mix I somewhat enjoyed) played over stock extreme sports & roller coaster B-roll footage in slow motion...

Yes, Clinks. It was definitely obvious it was thrown together quickly. Bottom line is I'm not a picky person, so none of it detracted from my enjoyment of riding a great roller coaster and eating badass fries.

^I enjoyed the ride too. But the plaza area actually took away from the experience for me. Totally reminded me I was at SFMM with how poorly done it was. I think people weren't dancing when you went because the area doesn't give off any sort of "hey, this is a party/fun time!" while you are waiting in line at all.

I will give YOLO Plaza a little credit: the water feature seemed like it was a hit!

Edited by Jew