TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Dude! that picture will never get old. It's become the, "That's what she said!" Joke of YOLOcoaster. In comedy terms, it's timeless. Or it could be Andy Kaufmanesque and go through an infinite number of phases of funny. Funny, not so funny, no longer funny, annoying, aggravating, thread bashing obnoxious, and finally hysterical! Being that you have deemed it no longer funny, it only has 4 more phases before it becomes comedy gold!

Guy "Wait for it! Wait for it!" Koepp

well lets hurry up and get through them. Unlike most other examples this one takes up a lot of real estate.

Dude! If it's true Andy. We will see that picture at the top of every page for years on end. Possibly until all of us are well beyond 6 feet under.

And I will be laughing my a$$ off from another plane, dimension, heaven, valhalla, whatever. Cause it's just that awesome!

I'm not one for cross posting videos but you and your YOLO tees are trending now on yahoos now trending blog, even puts TPR as the source. Nice vid good job. Looking forward to getting down there for Bash.

article and vid.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending-now/video-roller-coaster-lets-experience-ride-182115297.html#more-id

Dws.

The POV is also on the BBC, although a truncated version. No mention of the name of the park.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-23041234

'Fastest' rollercoaster opens in Los Angeles

25 June 2013 Last updated at 01:24 ET Help

A new ride which claims to be the tallest and fastest looping rollercoaster in the world has opened in Los Angeles in the US.

The Full Throttle brings the number of rollercoasters at the theme park in Valencia, California, to 18.

Got 11 rides on Full Throttle today as apart of the Good Morning America shoot and the Season Pass ERT. Very fun ride. The hang time in loop and ejector seat air time brakes were great. IMO the stop in the tunnel and backwards launch were

pointless. Would much rather have the train get a boost through the tunnel than stop. Fun ride overall, slightly more intense than California Screamin but several steps below Xcelerator.

For those who rode YOLO when a train gets back how long has it been sitting there before the next one dispatches?

When I visited, it was about 30-40 seconds between when the train parked and when the next one was dispatched. I'd estimate they're probably doing 600-700 riders per hour on the ride right now (assuming there are no technical difficulties). I do think the coaster is a little too low of capacity for SFMM, but it's definitely significantly better than Green Lantern.

Just an FYI: having worked in this industry my entire adult life, I can tell you that most high ups are similar to the "ice queen." They walk the park, are friendly to guests who approach them, but are all business otherwise. It's just the way it is. They have so much to do behind the scenes, their walks in the parks are usually kept on a tight schedule.

(Sorry to dig up something from a few pages ago...)

While I don't necessarily disagree with you, Walt Disney would be a huge exception to this rule.

Having also said that, I think it varies a lot park to park and executive to executive. I've seen long tenured executives at some parks out and about regularly, and others you basically never see. I do think it's more common to not see them now, which in many ways is too bad, regardless of business motives.

Regarding the launch of YOLO, it looks pretty cool.

I know this is off of the Full Throttle topic but today was my first day at MM and I had to say this. The tunnel (or as I'm calling it, The Oven) in the queue for Superman is horribly hot. None of the vents on the wall were blowing any air and this Wisconsin boy was cooking like a chicken. This was the worst part of my experience today, aside from the most terrific amount of line jumping I've seen at any park.

Edited by EricGarbo