TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

So, it appears to nearly stall going over the loop, and there also appears to be little to no airtime going over the top hat.

While I'm sure Magic Mountain's guests will enjoy it, can someone please remind me why this ride was given permission to be built?

So, it appears to nearly stall going over the loop, and there also appears to be little to no airtime going over the top hat.

While I'm sure Magic Mountain's guests will enjoy it, can someone please remind me why this ride was given permission to be built?

I think you answered your own question. Because SFMM's guests will like it.

Every review/reaction I have read to this point has been positive. I think there are many, myself included, who don't see the loop stall as being a negative - quite the opposite in fact. And you literally answered your own question right before you asked it. That being said, can someone please remind me why I even responded to this?

AJ that is the fun of the ride. As I said on my report (couple pages back) we rolled back and only went a 3rd of the way through the loop (we felt we went half way, so that tells you how big it actually is). Going all the way through and barley making it provides an experience I have never felt before on any coaster. Sitting in the back hanging on that second inversion (after doing the backwards launch) was also incredible! There is decent hangtime over the top hat and its better in the back than the front (not just for the tophat but overall). I was along the majority when they announced this I was not happy and thought they could have done way more. After riding it I regret having those negative feelings and very happy they put this at one of my home parks!

The negativity around this ( unique and well reviewed) ride is crazy. Short rides are a fact of life, especially when they're composed of huge and expensive elements. It doesn't mean it's a bad ride.

Edit: beating a dead horse, didnt see this page.

I'm really pleased to hear all of the positive reviews of this ride. It sounds like FuII Throttle has exceeded everyone's expectations. When I get off of work this evening, I'll be making the drive to Santa Clarita to join the long line on this thing. I'll be having those garlic wings to satisfy me while waiting. Haha.

In the POV it looked like the inside the tunnel were some non-working flame effects/lights on both sides of the track.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say there's no flame effects in a tiny tunnel.

Lighting effects make sense...actual fire, not so much.

Wonder when and how they are going to finish the rest of the area and station now that it's summer. This was obviously a rush job to get the ride open (and I'm super glad they got it open in June!)...but the surrounding area still needs to be complete.

In the POV it looked like the inside the tunnel were some non-working flame effects/lights on both sides of the track.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say there's no flame effects in a tiny tunnel.

Yeah, I mean, what is this, Movieland Studios?!

I believe he was referencing these:

328543329_ScreenShot2013-06-22at2_33_34PM.thumb.png.172c39285a17193390dd4ca545ad1e89.png

These appear on each archway in the tunnel

I assume that they'll be lit up when they finish construction (which is probably going to be next year knowing MM )