TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Yes, our picture ... keep sharing it!!!!

I thought the ride was a LOT of fun. Is it going to be anybody's "Number One Coaster" ... probably not (unless you've only been to SFMM). Probably not even Top 10 or 20. But it's a REALLY fun ride.

I didn't find it to be very intense at all. The launch is a little less intense than Mr. Freeze probably. It's probably on-par with Poltergeist, Jokers, Jinx, etc. The ride is also VERY quiet. Eerily quiet actually.

The hang-time in the loop ... OMFG. Amazing. My personal favorite element, surprisingly enough, is probably the twist into the tunnel and the backwards launch if you are in the last car. The twist is awesome in there.

And lastly, totally surprising, the brakes are awesome. Seriously. You get a little pop of air over the top and then you hit those brakes and it's crazy. We were all totally shocked about that.

Overall a fun ride, certainly one of the best at the park. But bring your sunscreen. No shade in the station still.

Glad to hear it was pretty good! I'll have to take a trip out soon to check it out for myself .

Yes, our picture ... keep sharing it!!!!

I thought the ride was a LOT of fun. Is it going to be anybody's "Number One Coaster" ... probably not (unless you've only been to SFMM). Probably not even Top 10 or 20. But it's a REALLY fun ride.

I didn't find it to be very intense at all. The launch is a little less intense than Mr. Freeze probably. It's probably on-par with Poltergeist, Jokers, Jinx, etc. The ride is also VERY quiet. Eerily quiet actually.

The hang-time in the loop ... OMFG. Amazing. My personal favorite element, surprisingly enough, is probably the twist into the tunnel and the backwards launch if you are in the last car. The twist is awesome in there.

And lastly, totally surprising, the brakes are awesome. Seriously. You get a little pop of air over the top and then you hit those brakes and it's crazy. We were all totally shocked about that.

Overall a fun ride, certainly one of the best at the park. But bring your sunscreen. No shade in the station still.

so it surpassed your origional expectations? (ie suprised in a good way?)

Could the guy in the Yolocoaster pic have taken up anymore room in that photo?

Dudes freaking huge and blocks out so much other stuff in the photo that we actually wanna see.

Hope that's not the official yolocoaster media pic forever, yeesh!

Dudes freaking huge and blocks out so much other stuff in the photo that we actually wanna see.

aaaaahhhh lmfao!

This one?

Actually, that is a great photo. You must weight like 65 lbs if you think that is a "freaking huge" guy. I guess his arm is blocking that one little section of Tatsu that everyone was dying to see...

BNTPEPfCAAAimMr.jpg:large

So this is what a real YOLO looks like.

(In my best National Geographic voice): And here we see 3 YOLOs in their natural environment. Notice the bright plumage on the female in an attempt to secure a mate. Truly fascinating creatures.

That's awesome!

So, what do they eat, who are their predators..... I have so many questions!

They eat YOLO riders (think about it, have you actually seen any riders get off the ride?). Their only known predators are deadlines.

Omfg....... LOL!!!

Watching YOLO do its test runs, that giant loop looks quite interesting...like it would provide some floater hangtime that could feel like inverted airtime. However, seeing a POV that was floating around on Youtube, the area looks very much like a construction site

And since this post made it on a new page, here you go.

thumb_bntpepfcaaaimmr.jpeg

3 wild YOLOs appear.

• Attack • PKMN

• Item -> Run

Got away safely!

^ Nothing going on inside the tunnel on our rides, most likely due to the video stuff (mist, etc,) I'm sure. But you could see that there is stuff in there. Will be interesting to see it when it's all going.

They're probably still training the T-Rex to skateboard.

Guy "YOLOchick has nice boobs!" Koepp

It does look fun, although I didn't realize how short of a ride it is. Superman at SFDK looks like a more interesting ride by Premier, although I like how they are doing different elements like the funky inversion into the tunnel. This coaster seems like just another addition to SFMM's lineup to keep up with the park with the most coasters.

nice video Giga! I laughed when I heard the perfect example of the YOLOcrowd while you were on the back of the mountain, "and this is what's called the afternoon workout" followed closely with " I NEED AN ESCALATOR!!!" Haha classic.

I don't think I'm going to be able to make WCB this year as much as I want to but I'm hoping to get out there around fright fest or maybe a little after. I'm actually somewhat excited to give this thing a spin.

Just got back from the midnight event for Full Throttle. Let me start out by saying that was one of the funnest rides I have ever been on. Funny thing happened. We were next to ride and a roll back happened. Took about 10 mins to test and everything was good. We get on and we rolled back. Our first ride was in the second to back (very back was closed according to their head tech there was a restraint issue) and when we rolled back I thought we just barley missed it. When we came back to the station we were told we only went up about a 3rd which at that point the nerves started kicking in meaning there was a lot more of that GIANT loop. Finally we get on and what an awesome ride! Watching the launch it doesn't look fast but when your on it packs a nice punch and the hang time in that loop is INCREDIBLE (someone said before it feels like forever even though its a second that is a GREAT way of explaining it). Now I don't know if its not set up, but when you get in the tunnel theres a red light flashing outside and nothing going on inside. The backwards launch is nice and being in the back you are hanging through that inversion for a good 1.5 seconds then its full speed ahead up the top hat (pretty good airtime) and drop to the VERY SMOOTH brakes. Everyone there seemed to like it. Our final (second) ride was in the very front. Its good in the front but hands down the back is the best seat on the ride no doubt. I heard rumblings that the station may receive a cover, or they may take down what they have and get a new structure for a tent like roof (like the entrance). There are temporary switchbacks under the huge entrance "tent" but I don't see how that plus the ramp to the station will be remotely enough for the big summer crowds. Hopefully they have a plan.

IMAG0005.thumb.jpg.e915efa4870974a501ee204ca2a3995b.jpg

The loop seen from the ticket booth

IMAG0006.thumb.jpg.41c149ad649ac50dab0cea140bb2c3de.jpg

The line to get in. They said they only sold about 200 tickets. I'd say there were about 300 people total there (the sold tickets plus the people that won from Kroq)

IMAG0009.thumb.jpg.e0613b5c6d104199f20a8eaa5eb279e6.jpg

The dance stage to the left of the entrance

IMAG0010.thumb.jpg.4851c48d28d1b9fed4a5d2da5116506c.jpg

The rides entrance.

IMAG0012.thumb.jpg.7edd61a8afafc3cff5cece557a962d64.jpg

This was awesome. Fog coming up from the ground in the new Full Throttle plaza

IMAG0013.thumb.jpg.c3bd999b31c45e3f18a884c026afd6c1.jpg

Another shot of the entrance. Notice the temporary queue line. I wonder why they dont put in a permanent one?

IMAG0015.thumb.jpg.2d1ebff0d75f2441d7a65487f6548744.jpg

Inside the actual queue/tent.

IMAG0018.thumb.jpg.91552eebbbdd55d27f3bf7b20dc29b87.jpg

Once your done with that queue/tent you walk up a little bit more (while walking right under the launch) and make a right up the ramp to the station

IMAG0017.thumb.jpg.ff9272dc28aab39a5ddef9e45835fd3f.jpg

Words cant even describe how big the loop truly is!

IMAG0011.thumb.jpg.3ff52c153b2b1356c058f8950990739d.jpg

Some chairs and umbrellas added between the stage and FT entrance

IMAG0014.thumb.jpg.ffb9c54595e9228583ae7e7ee6b7c703.jpg

We went with the wings. I got the parmesan garlic and they were VERY good!

How many from TPR are/were at the event?

Two members of TPR were there to cover it. We'll have a report with photos and videos soon. I'm working on it from Taiwan while on another tour, while another is also working in So Cal. We'll have some stuff up soon...

Thanks Robb! Looks like a fun ride for it's size and layout. Probably not the best capacity choice for a park like SFMM, but I'm sure a lot of people will really enjoy it! It's a cool concept that I'd love to see other parks expand upon.