TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Good to see testing begin! Yesterday I got one of the smoothest rides on X2 I've ever had! No headbanging whatsoever! Put the heavier person on the outside and you will be pleasantly surprised. Never ride in a row by yourself and never put the heavier person in the inside. Those are fatal mistakes.

Also, parking just went up again to $18.

Interesting! That would definitely explain every ride I've had on X2. My last two rides were by myself on the outside, and it just about killed me. Next time I gotta bring a dumb heavy patsy to ride on the outer seat

RE: X / X2

The inside seat is ALWAYS less bumpy than the outside seat. Also, the 2nd to last row & last row seem to give me a relatively consistent good ride, whereas the front half almost always beats me up a bit. That being said, After hundreds of laps, I've learned "HOW" to ride X2, and I always have a great ride!!!!

-MR BEBE

Sorry to bring this back up but I stumbled completely by accident on TPR's X2 media day video and noticed that the seat shaking did not occur when the new trains were first added..therefore it couldnt be something built into the trains. Either it's something computer controlled that was programmed later, or (as I tend to lean towards after watching this) it is caused by wear and tear on the gears over time but perhaps for one reason or another didn't happen on the old trains.

Can't be "computer controlled" since there is no computer other than the audio on the train...

Doesn't some sort of computer run the car/seat movements during the ride? (Not really sure that that's the case, just taking a guess here)

No. The seat movements are primarily generated by a second set of rails on the track itself, then by any give the internal mechanics go through while the train cycles.

KCBS KCAL ‏@KCBSKCALDesk 8m

#BREAKING We are live over the brush fire in Valencia. 25 acres in med brush. Fire burning in a NE direction away from Magic Mtn Park.

Media says they are using employee lot as staging area

Questions about the Flash Pass! I'm going to be going to the park on June 15th and was considering getting the Platinum Flash Pass. Is it worth getting? It's $89 per person on that day. It says it reduces the wait time by 90%, how long is that exactly? So if Tatsu had a 2 hour wait, it would be a 20 or so minute wait? And one last question, anyone know how much the upgrade for X2 is? Thanks in advance!

Questions about the Flash Pass! I'm going to be going to the park on June 15th and was considering getting the Platinum Flash Pass. Is it worth getting? It's $89 per person on that day. It says it reduces the wait time by 90%, how long is that exactly? So if Tatsu had a 2 hour wait, it would be a 20 or so minute wait? And one last question, anyone know how much the upgrade for X2 is? Thanks in advance!

Your wait time will basically be zero. I've used the gold one before and on a busy day I was getting buzzed about 5 minutes after I requested a ride. As soon as I checked into a ride Id request another one and itd be ready before I got off the current ride. With Platinum it will probably just buzz you immediately unless theres a 90 min+ line for something. The big difference on platinum is you can re-ride a second time without getting off, plus you can purchase X2 or LLDOD upgrades, which I believe are $10/ea. (It might be $15, I cant remember).

Unless you have a large group, you can save your money on the LLDOD upgrades and use the single rider line instead, you can pretty much walk onto the ride with no reservation if youre by yourself or dont mind being split up from the members of your party. Green Lantern, Riddler's, Viper, and Revolution have them too but you wont need those if you have flash pass.

That looks pretty close. Is this the closest a fire has come to SFMM?

Every few years, the fireworks they shoot from behind X2/Viper manage to cause small brush fires. It was a running joke among employees.

That looks pretty close. Is this the closest a fire has come to SFMM?

Every few years, the fireworks they shoot from behind X2/Viper manage to cause small brush fires. It was a running joke among employees.

As is the running joke of people cheering the seasonal wildfires on to burn SFMM to the ground.

Well, more so in 2007 and before.

Here is a picture shown on my local news showing how close it came to the back of the park. The news said that a spokeswoman for SFMM stated that the park was still open, but one ride had to be closed (presumably Apocalypse) because of the need to use the road behind the park for emergency vehicles. Sorry for the bad quality, they haven't uploaded the video online yet.

IMAG05411.thumb.jpg.aafe6c2bfc39a4dd3768c07587dacb42.jpg

Well, the fire plays nicely with Apocalypse's theme...