TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

For parents, there are a few options. But the less intense rides are the remaining water rides (3), Collosuss, Goldrusher, Apocalypse, Superman. There are 6 flats, classic fairground style. Depending on the tolerance for spinning, some options there. Goliath might be pushing it because of the helix. I don't consider Lex to be intense, very smooth and comfortable experience really, unless the guest is afraid of heights.

The one thing I've never heard anyone say is that the original X was a smooth ride. That was one of the most painful rides there was, and was right up there with White Canyon!

Im shocked X2 is rough again, outstanding concept, crappy engineering i guess. Anyone who has ridden all 4D coasters..cough cough Robb, are they all rough?

EDIT:Well catching up on the thread, it seems they literally beat the crap out of you

^ To be fair he said the jury is still out on Dinoconda because it's smooth now but it's brand new, we have to wait and see if it degenerates like the other two.

4D is still an amazing ride..I wish other designers like B&M would attempt it and try to improve...but 4D are so ridiculously expensive to build and maintain I can see why theyd rather focus on wingriders.

^ Actually I could just have been lucky but my rides on X (all in 2007) were smoother than most of my rides on X2.

I think smooth is all relative. I can tell you with great certainty that there is no way X was ever "smooth" in 2007. And I'm talking in a technical term like putting an accelerator on the ride and measuring forces and lateral movements.

Maybe it was smooth "to you", but there is no way that ride ran smooth in 2007.

Neither X or X2 were ever smooth. Never. Whether it's been slightly less rough in the past or whatever, it's a very minor difference. From the first day it opened, X/X2 has always felt like someone whacked me in the stomach with a baseball bat multiple times.

^ Actually I could just have been lucky but my rides on X (all in 2007) were smoother than most of my rides on X2.

I think smooth is all relative. I can tell you with great certainty that there is no way X was ever "smooth" in 2007. And I'm talking in a technical term like putting an accelerator on the ride and measuring forces and lateral movements.

Maybe it was smooth "to you", but there is no way that ride ran smooth in 2007.

Yeah for sure. Maybe instead of "smooth" I should just say "not painful"

Good to see testing begin! Yesterday I got one of the smoothest rides on X2 I've ever had! No headbanging whatsoever! Put the heavier person on the outside and you will be pleasantly surprised. Never ride in a row by yourself and never put the heavier person in the inside. Those are fatal mistakes.

Also, parking just went up again to $18.

^

I agree! X2 surprised me! In fact it was one of the highlights of my grad night yesterday. I was in line teaching my friend how to defensively ride and had him sit on the inside seat even though he's twice my body weight. To make it worse, they were assigning seats and had us sit on row 7 of train 3. The result was an extremely comfortable and painless ride. The last raven turn didn't even do its injustice! I don't know what it was, but I have a feeling that was a one in a lifetime experience.

I also have to give mad props to the Batman team. They literally sprinted down the rows checking harnesses even though there was practically no line!