TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I was thinking about YOLO... 70mph doesn't seem awfully fast enough to complete a 160' vertical loop. Did I miss something? Is it going to crawl over the top?

It's fast enough to make the loop, but it will probably be going fairly slowly over the top. For reference, Viper has the same max speed after a 171 ft drop.

I was thinking about YOLO... 70mph doesn't seem awfully fast enough to complete a 160' vertical loop. Did I miss something? Is it going to crawl over the top?

Also remember that the launch actually extends up the loop at least 20 feet and the track starts around 10 feet above the ground so it should be fine, and if it does crawl then it should have some nice hang-time.

I really do not agree with Magic Mountain on this theming at all. As far as I now the whole YOLO craze had already died off everywhere except this thread and MM's advertising. However, the biker/skull theme: if they would move ahead in that direction with the theme and not use the first logo, that would be very cool.

^^You won't need the flash pass except for maybe Tatsu the first half of the day. The park will be very dead. Only 1 train operations should be at Scream and Apocalypse. If they are only running one anywhere else then it is just because it is not a busy day at the park. As far as I know, nothing new from Friday but you never know. Over by Full Throttle they have the midway construction walls open during the week so you can get a peek at the entire work site. Have a great day at the park!

I really do not agree with Magic Mountain on this theming at all. As far as I now the whole YOLO craze had already died off everywhere except this thread and MM's advertising.

Yolo is, for whatever reason, still alive in the theme park world. It seems many Six Flags parks have yolo glasses, and Cedar Fair parks have yolo shirts. Not really sure why each chain thinks people still say it seriously. I get that they're trying to keep up with current trends and cater to them but it really only takes a Google search (and a tiny bit of common sense) to realize that most people think yolo is just plain dumb.

Went to the park today. Crowds were minimal and on par for a Sunday. Longest wait we encountered was X2 at 30 minutes. Skipped Apocalypse due to the 1 train operation and 45 minute queue.

S:EFK was running both sides all day.

Sorry no PTR but I did notice there's a FT train sitting in in the launch tunnel already.

Nothing too exciting but just thought I would share.

Edited by DJeXeL

I really do not agree with Magic Mountain on this theming at all. As far as I now the whole YOLO craze had already died off everywhere except this thread and MM's advertising.

Yolo is, for whatever reason, still alive in the theme park world. It seems many Six Flags parks have yolo glasses, and Cedar Fair parks have yolo shirts. Not really sure why each chain thinks people still say it seriously. I get that they're trying to keep up with current trends and cater to them but it really only takes a Google search (and a tiny bit of common sense) to realize that most people think yolo is just plain dumb.

Stupid sells. Always has, always will.

Stupid sells. Always has, always will.

^Truer words were never spoke, Joey.

Edited by cfc

Just got back from two full days at the park. Sunday started out looking pretty busy when I got there at noon, but it ended up being very manageable. I skipped Apocalypse due to the one train operation and caught it at the beginning of the day Monday when it was no wait even with one train. There was one other ride on one train operation that usually isn't, Ninja. I waited about 30 minutes for it since I skipped it last time I was here. The line in the late afternoon was actually up to the upper building, granted the lower switchbacks werent being used. The line was 30-50 mins pretty much all day.

Tatsu crews were terrible Sunday, they seemed to be intentionally running as slow as they could..and the dispatching operator was too busy flirting with guests. Monday was much better. On the flip side I would like to do something that isn't done much in this thread - praise SFMM operations for doing something right! Riddler's was a complete 180 from the last time I was here in oct. The broken machine that was previously screeching had been fixed, the music was working, all the lasers were on, it looked like someone had actually cleaned in the station, and the crew was operating two trains efficiently, with no wait all day. I actually took the time to walk into guest relations and let them know how great that was.

I still love X2, but oh my god is it getting rough. Particularly the last raven turn before the brakes..it throws your legs out and then slams them back violently into the car, very rough on the calves. First half of the ride still makes it worth it for me. X2 was definitely the most painful ride, Viper closely behind. Et tu, Arrow?

I did have some unexpectedly awesome rides as well. Colossus blew me away..I rode the front row left side on train 2 (red) on the left side and it was far and away the smoothest ride I've ever gotten. Next ride in the back row was pretty rough, so I may stick to the front row on Colossus from now on. Scream was also surprisingly smooth for once.

This is only the second time Ive been able to get down here since Green Lantern opened, and last time I was here it had a 2 hr wait and flash pass wasnt being used on it so I skipped it. This time I was alone and used the single rider line (LOVE these - saved me a ton of time on GL and LLDOD, need more of them!) and rode twice, one on each side. I can definitely see why a lot of people dislike the ride, but I loved it..the first ride was on the side facing away from the lift which was good, but the second ride facing the lift was just crazy intense. I got flipped on both rides and on the second ride it felt like it tried to rip my face apart. Definitely a unique feeling..not pleasant in itself, but I liked the intensity nonetheless..just don't think I'll be marathoning it any time soon.

Monday was a very calm (though very hot) day. Practically everything was a walk on except Superman and X2, but even that was only 20-30 and not all day. Goldrusher was closed today so Im glad I got that ride in Sunday. There seemed to be quite a bit of activity in the construction site today.

I did have photos to post a Photo TR, but Im still in the hotel with no photoshop on my laptop so I dont want to post them full size and stretch out the board...oh well.

I am heading to the park tomorrow. Anyone have any updates on ride statuses? How should the lines be tomorrow? I went ahead and bought a FlashPass so that should help. Are any rides running one train now that previously were not?

Did you happen to ride the second to last row on Colossus at like 1:30 or so? I saw someone sit in front of me who just looked like he might be from TPR, and he had a flash pass.

^ No, but I wasn't looking for it. Didnt see the posts saying it was there until I got back to the hotel tonight. I walked past the tunnel a few times and did look that way once but I didnt realize the train was in there or I would have craned myself up and/or tried to get a photo. When you're just walking by you can only really see the top of the tunnel.

^Ehh...I doubt that was why. I'm sure it faced hotter conditions in the shipping container. I'm going to also guess it is for the first pull through to check the reach envelope.

^Ehh...I doubt that was why. I'm sure it faced hotter conditions in the shipping container. I'm going to also guess it is for the first pull through to check the reach envelope.

I'm with you Joey, pull through. Why waste the time and effort to put the car in the tunnel for shade when you can just throw a tarp over it.

So has it ever been confirmed/denied that there is/is not a tie in to the drink? I mean, these logos are VERY similar... If there isn't a tie-in to the beverage, how are they even able to do this?

0004900003687_500X500.jpg.b89447d145ff7975d2ab14a1ceecf783.jpg

But you would think if it was an actual tie-in they would have to use the real logos, not a "knock-off" of the logo. Remember that it's a Coca-Cola product, and they are VERY strict about the use of their logos, they even trademarked the coca-cola "wave."