TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Even if the trains arrive this weekend doesn't mean they'll be out on the track this weekend or even out at the site.

Even if neither are true, there's always going to be a way to spot them. I know that they won't be on the track for another few days, but at the very least they're going to be within a few hundred feet of the park's boundaries.

I am looking at going to the park sometime around May 20th. Does anyone have anything to report on the park currently? Any major rides in rehab? Anything big I should take note of?

I'm going to be there the same day so I've been watching closely. The only event happening around that time is grad night on 5/21. 5/20 should be the ideal day to go for short lines as it's a Monday with no holidays or events. The only ride that I've heard is in rehab is Apocalypse, which has been running one train as a result. I don't know how long the rehab usually takes, it could be back to normal by then. On the flip side, Riddler's is actually back to two trains for the first time in forever, I'm excited to be able to ride without the hour+ wait

^Almost forgot about that area. I was really hoping a Huss Frisbee would show up in that spot (perfect size and dimensions), but it looks like it's going to be dormant for another couple of years.

My guess is that it might turn into a Eurofighter or a Gerslauer Spinner.

^Perhaps a spinning-coaster would be a better option if the park DOES want to improve on the aspect of family-friendly rides...

Having said that, I'd prefer to see a Eurofighter as I'm more into thrills - something that SFMM has more than enough already though haha

^Perhaps a spinning-coaster would be a better option if the park DOES want to improve on the aspect of family-friendly coasters...

Fixed.

Frankly, it seems as though SFMM doesn't give half of a damn when it comes to family rides that aren't coasters.

I am looking at going to the park sometime around May 20th. Does anyone have anything to report on the park currently? Any major rides in rehab? Anything big I should take note of?

I'm going to be there the same day so I've been watching closely. The only event happening around that time is grad night on 5/21. 5/20 should be the ideal day to go for short lines as it's a Monday with no holidays or events. The only ride that I've heard is in rehab is Apocalypse, which has been running one train as a result. I don't know how long the rehab usually takes, it could be back to normal by then. On the flip side, Riddler's is actually back to two trains for the first time in forever, I'm excited to be able to ride without the hour+ wait

Any other rides operating with just one train right now?

Any other rides operating with just one train right now?

Apocalypse is the only one I've seen mentioned. Superman and Gold Rusher have been on-and-off due to construction, but that should get better as well since most of the major construction is done.

Scream was running one train on Sunday.

Not so magic... Actually, typically Magic. X-2 didn't open in time for yesterday's advertised passholder ERT. The park subbed in Green Lantern (fair, but no thanks). Credit to management for handing the sparse passholder crowd X-2 exit passes for use later in the day.

Scream was running one train on Sunday.

Not so magic... Actually, typically Magic. X-2 didn't open in time for yesterday's advertised passholder ERT. The park subbed in Green Lantern (fair, but no thanks). Credit to management for handing the sparse passholder crowd X-2 exit passes for use later in the day.

That figures, although I'm not surprised one bit. Glad to hear that they at least made up for it with the exit passes (and opening up another ride as a substitute)!

i received a survey with a lot of pictures of family rides and they focused a lot on scooby doo

Hhmmm, so there has been different surveys sent out. Involving iron man, care bears, wooden coaster with a loop, indoor bumper cars and a log ride. I wonder which park is getting what?

i received a survey with a lot of pictures of family rides and they focused a lot on scooby doo

Hhmmm, so there has been different surveys sent out. Involving iron man, care bears, wooden coaster with a loop, indoor bumper cars and a log ride. I wonder which park is getting what?

How about all of them? Iron Bears riding a log-themed wooden coaster with a loop and cars that sometimes bump into each other. That's a thought...

Seriously now, why Iron Man and why Care Bears? Iron Man is Marvel Comics property while Six Flags has rights to DC Comics. Also, everyone know that Care Bears is far inferior to My Little Pony in terms of Hasbro properties.

Several of their parks could use bumper cars or a log ride (Magic Mountain? lol), and I would be thrilled to see another looping wooden coaster wherever they decide to build it.

Well, that sums up my conglomerate of thoughts in an unorganized and possibly useless way.

has anyone else received a super duper short SFI new ride Survey?

I just got one about Care Bears and Hot Wheels....and a survey about the survey...LOL

Mine was about the Cookie Monster and Hot Wheels...