TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

So it looks like you are going to go over the loop and then the car just stops? Maybe I am confused.

The ride looks as if they just gave up during design. It should have gone on a little bit longer.

Now that would make things a bit more interesting. Still, I expect it to be a rather fun ride.

^I agree with Dan. I prefer a shorter, more intense roller coaster than a longer, less intense roller coaster. Plus, with all this unused space, I can see future attractions being added into that area.

^I agree with Dan. I prefer a shorter, more intense roller coaster than a longer, less intense roller coaster. Plus, with all this unused space, I can see future attractions being added into that area.

I agree! You know what the mountain really needs. A really good log ride. Wait! F^@K!

That station looks like a temporary outhouse, but whatever. Those open areas/building without a wall directly behind the turn into the station. What are they and are they going to be part of the queue?

That is going to be an intense launch, though, and I it appears it will go zoom right out of the station. I was imagining a short trip forward first. That it looks like you'll hit the final turn going 75 miles per hour, encountering 10 lateral g's, may even add to the excitement.

Although you'd think a longer roller coaster would be a better fit to take up the whole space. What your not seeing is all the room left on the hill for another roller coaster or a water ride. They do have plans to build more on the hill.

So it looks like you are going to go over the loop and then the car just stops? Maybe I am confused.

The ride looks as if they just gave up during design. It should have gone on a little bit longer.

You are absolutely right my friend! I have constantly been thinking of the best way(s) to extend the ride! Looking at how compact The Smiler is going to be, there is definitely room for it.

I've been wondering what could go by/around YOLOcoaster that wouldnt involve some major escavating?

Knowing SFMM, this probably isn't very hard to guess:

"MOAR KOSTRZ"

...In another year at the very least. Mark my words, it's pretty much the only place they can fit another coaster.

I'm a little disappointed about FT's station so far. Forgive me for the comparison to CP once again, but the station really looks like it's going to be a lot like Gatekeepers: Bland and unoriginal.

Looking forward to the track, not the ride as a whole.

I'm a little disappointed about FT's station so far.

That station looks like a temporary outhouse, but whatever.

I hope you guys DO realize that the station is just an unfinished platform right now. I doubt Magic Mountain is gonna leave the station like that, especially when they enclosed Green Lantern and Drop of Doom.

- I swear to God they'll finish it. I swear!

Mark my words, it's pretty much the only place they can fit another coaster.

Do we have to go through this yet again?

There are four high-quality roller coasters in this picture of Grona Lund. Parks don't ever have "one spot" and they aren't all "running out of room" because if they want a roller coaster, and it's going to make them money, they will find the room for it.

TWSITER_RGB.jpg.d325a17226ec8065d41cb6c162f4112f.jpg

http://www.parkworld-online.com/files/AUGSEPT/TWSITER_RGB.jpg

^Allow me to restate that.

*Mark my words, it's pretty much the only place they can fit another record-breaking triple-launched ultra-forceful yet still overhyped Six-Flags branded coaster.

SFMM is never going to get to the level of compact quality that Grona Lund mastered, especially with the "GO BIG OR GO HOME" mentality of their general public audience.

^ No it's not. SFMM has PLENTY of space.

That station looks like a temporary outhouse, but whatever. Those open areas/building without a wall directly behind the turn into the station. What are they and are they going to be part of the queue?

That's the old Queue/Station building for Log Jammer. It will not be a part of the crew. Not sure what they are going to do with it though. It may end up a retail location. I'd imagine they'll put a wall up or something to close it off there.

^Allow me to restate that.

*Mark my words, it's pretty much the only place they can fit another record-breaking triple-launched ultra-forceful yet still overhyped Six-Flags branded coaster.

That's not true, they can remove *insert coaster that sucks here* and sell it to Darien Lake. Then put the coaster where Darien Lake's new coaster used to be.