TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Just got a survey from Six Flags Magic Mountain asking me about new rides for 2014. You can take it here:

Feedback.sixflags.com/newrides16

Interesting characters they want to use.

I seen no questions about any ride. They only care about characters.

I'm still not believing that a park that took until last June to get LL up and running could get this coaster and the surrounding area and landscaping completely ready by Memorial Day Weekend. This coaster could face issues that we may not realize. Until testing has truly started, I'm not holding any breaths,

Yeah, it did take the park until June to finally open LL:DOD, but then again, they did have to move an entire staircase that was located within the Superman superstructure.

To support your arguement further, Lex Luthor opened July 7th.

WOW, did I seriously do that? Yeah, I'm kinda embarrassed...

Haha did they really mention a Dr Who attraction? I can imagine the Six Flags executives conversation.

"Harry Potter at Universal is popular. The character is also from England."

"We need a British thing, that will be popular too!"

Haha did they really mention a Dr Who attraction? I can imagine the Six Flags executives conversation.

Kinda. There was a list of characters and they asked which ones you were familiar with, and Doctor Who was on that list.

Crossing Fingers for Dr. Who!

Latest Colossus Refurb rumor from Screamscape:

2015/2016 - Rumor - Iron Colossus - (4/15/13) According to the latest rumors the Iron Horse treatment for Colossus has been slotted to reopen for 2015, though there is a slight chance it could be pushed back to 2016 if the stars align on another project first. Unlike the quick transformation of Rattler at Fiesta Texas, this is expected to be more of a major overhaul, more along the lines of the lengthy Texas Giant job. This will require the once mighty Colossus to be down for a period of 12-16 months. So for Colossus to be reborn in Spring 2015 it will end up having to close down to begin the project in Late 2013. Stay tuned as we try to keep up to date on what could be the most important new coaster to ever open at ‘The Mountain’ that could create an all time new world record for the park that may never be broken.

The show does have a massive following here in the States.

Stay tuned as we try to keep up to date on what could be the most important new coaster to ever open at ‘The Mountain’ that could create an all time new world record for the park that may never be broken.

Wow, that's quite a prediction. I wonder what they might tell us at WCB...

No it doesn't. Small but vocal maybe.

Stay tuned as we try to keep up to date on what could be the most important new coaster to ever open at ‘The Mountain’ that could create an all time new world record for the park that may never be broken.

Gonna take a guess and say they're going to turn it into a continuous circuit racer so the total tracklength (4300 something per each side right now I think...so combined would be 8600 feet) would eclipse Steel Dragon.

No it doesn't. Small but vocal maybe.

That was exactly what I was going to say. I don't know if the American fanbase is quite large enough to justify giving them an attraction. If we see a Doctor Who related attraction opened at any park in the future, it would likely be a British park or somewhere where the show has a sizable portion of guests that know the show exists.

Gonna take a guess and say they're going to turn it into a continuous circuit racer so the total tracklength (4300 something per each side right now I think...so combined would be 8600 feet) would eclipse Steel Dragon.

Yes, I have the same feeling. It will be interesting to see the height/speed needed to traverse the final layout. Also curious to see just how many inversions it will have. I'm assuming 2 minimum (perhaps a vertical loop as well)..

I can see it now, "Gordon Ramsay" the ride.