TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

They probably need a bit more oomph for the tunnel launch. It also should be going faster than previous Premier LSM coasters. The ride looks more fun every time I see it - and I'm a CP fanboy. However, the "top hat" will probably be the make-or-break moment for most enthusiasts.

^Track work isn't even complete yet, then they have all the wiring as well, i say testing in 2 weeks

I read from a reliable source that the track (excluding the LSM wiring) has been complete. So that we may see testing just a tad bit sooner.

^Track work isn't even complete yet, then they have all the wiring as well, i say testing in 2 weeks

I read from a reliable source that the track (excluding the LSM wiring) has been complete. So that we may see testing just a tad bit sooner.

Oh sorry! Didnt know that it was already complete! Id say 1-2 weeks then

^Track work is complete on FT!!! this was verified by a recent update from a site not allowed on TPR. Yet like you said they just have to get it all wired up which shouldn't take to long since they started the wiring judging by all the wiring hanging off the LIM/LSMs on the launch track. The launch track in the tunnel has also been getting it's LIM/LSMs, the station also shouldn't take long the foundation is down and the walls are up entrance and exit paths started, it will also only be a open air canopy covered station. At the rate they're going I think it's very possible we may see a Memorial Day weekend opening

I don't know how much testing is required for a Premier LSM coaster, but I've heard elsewhere that magnetic launches are one of the most complex ride systems and require the most testing. I wouldn't rule out a Memorial Day weekend opening, as I believe the park is shooting for that, but if the ride doesn't open until early June that wouldn't surprise me either. Memorial Day is only six weeks away, and even though the track is complete it seems like there's still quite a bit to be done before Full Throttle is ready to open.

I'm still not believing that a park that took until last June to get LL up and running could get this coaster and the surrounding area and landscaping completely ready by Memorial Day Weekend. This coaster could face issues that we may not realize. Until testing has truly started, I'm not holding any breaths,

I'd say late June, mostly because It's not just Full Throttle opening, it's also the newly themed area. Even if it's not a lot, testing will take a while and so will everything else that's not set up. (i.e. YOLO Plaza, the new Food Location, etc.)

Also, knowing SFMM and "opening dates", there will be about 1 or 3 delays for opening day.

*BREAKING NEWS* It will open.....when it opens! Don't know why some of you guys love torturing yourselves with assumptions.

This is just a hunch, but I think he may be a big Knoebels fan lol. Seriously though Yolocoaster looks great and should be a lot of fun. Hopefully I will get to SFMM sometime soon!

Just to note, when we were there on Thursday they hadn't even begun work on the new retail/food building from what we could see. The old Arcade sign was still in front.

They were doing some landscaping on the other side of the hill (kind of where Log Jammers lift hill was) but there is still a LOT to do before this ride opens. That said, now that most of the vertical construction is done and workers can now get into the area it may go pretty quick. My guess is still early/mid June.

Just to note, when we were there on Thursday they hadn't even begun work on the new retail/food building from what we could see. The old Arcade sign was still in front.

They were doing some landscaping on the other side of the hill (kind of where Log Jammers lift hill was) but there is still a LOT to do before this ride opens. That said, now that most of the vertical construction is done and workers can now get into the area it may go pretty quick. My guess is still early/mid June.

I'm a little more optomistic now that we'll get an early June (if not, Memorial weekend) opening. Construction on Lex Luthor and Green Lantern seemed to start extremely late, and waiting for the track work to begin was a huge drag. Once the ride itself was finished, the areas seemed to pop up really fast. That's what it felt like to me.

But GL and LL both had opening days announced, and both were delayed. But FT is Premier, not Intamin. I don't know, too many factors for me at this point. But I'm remaining optomistic as of now...

Got back from a busy day at the park.

But the big news is that Team Tatsu is back! This morning the ride ops at Tatsu were hauling it again. They called themselves the "Dream Team", and that was very accurate. They were constantly getting ONE MINUTE DISPATCHES! The 90 second clock would have at least 30 seconds left on it every dispatch I was there (like 5 or 6). It was quite amazing! And that meant... No stacking!! It was awesome.

Then later in the day they opened the second station and they were back to 2 minute dispatches, since there was only one person checking seats on each side of the train instead of two. But the line was still moving really quickly! The entire lower queue was full and I got through the entire lower part in 30 minutes.

Good day at the park, but I feel bad for the people who waited in the 2-hour+ lines for Apocalypse and Scream due to 1-train operation.

Got back from a busy day at the park.

But the big news is that Team Tatsu is back! This morning the ride ops at Tatsu were hauling it again. They called themselves the "Dream Team", and that was very accurate. They were constantly getting ONE MINUTE DISPATCHES! The 90 second clock would have at least 30 seconds left on it every dispatch I was there (like 5 or 6). It was quite amazing! And that meant... No stacking!! It was awesome.

What! That's amazing! Seems like Six flags assigned the right people to Tatsu for once! Now if only the Dream team can be there all the time, but i'd bet 50 bucks that this will not happen again till a very long time. One can only dream.

I'm still not believing that a park that took until last June to get LL up and running could get this coaster and the surrounding area and landscaping completely ready by Memorial Day Weekend. This coaster could face issues that we may not realize. Until testing has truly started, I'm not holding any breaths,

Yeah, it did take the park until June to finally open LL:DOD, but then again, they did have to move an entire staircase that was located within the Superman superstructure.

Yeah, it did take the park until June to finally open LL:DOD, but then again, they did have to move an entire staircase that was located within the Superman superstructure.

To support your arguement further, Lex Luthor opened July 7th.