TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

50 bucks says there is no way that those lights and projectors / screens will work in 3 years. I understand that maintaining lights and projectors / screens isn't really that hard... but this doesn't change my opinion in any way, shape or form.

It's going to look cool for a few months though.

50 bucks says there is no way that those lights and projectors / screens will work in 3 years. I understand that maintaining lights and projectors / screens isn't really that hard... but this doesn't change my opinion in any way, shape or form.

i thought the same thing the seconded I saw that! I will give them a couple months till they ship the lights off to another park for "light parts"

Am I the only one here that happens to think GL is kick A$$ and have no issues with pain on the ride???.

Nope. I enjoy it as well. This Intamin isn't for everyone though.

love intamin coasters and It's a nice concept but this is one ride that I will never get on again.

My opinion wasted space......

I can't say that I am fond with the theming in the concept art. It seems to generic and simple to me since it is just a bunch of canvas overhangs with multi-colored lights and that's it. The TV looks cool and futuristic, but other than that, it looks like a concrete plaza with canvas.

Simply put, it looks tacky but fits perfectly along with the YOLO concept.

Edited by Ccron10

^They're talking about Green Lantern, not YOLOcoaster.

As for the plaza, looks decent enough...doesn't really fit the surrounding scenery, but I think Six Flags parks stopped caring about integrating rides a while ago.

Edited by MayTheGForceBeWithYou

I suppose the FT plaza looks nice, but it doesn't seem like it would fit in the place where Log Jammer was. Doesn't really fit the theme at all.

But then again, I suppose SFMM hasn't really ever been well known for their "theming".

I thought they said when they announced FT, that this was a NEW theme area

How long did Batman and Riddler's have lights not working?

Once the newness wears off these items will fail and start being neglected... which is sad really but this seems to be something that goes on at this park with things.

Headed down to the park tomorrow for the Lex Luthor ERT. Then gonna hang out at the park for a few hours. The loop looks great from the freeway as well!

What's with all this ert lately and how do you guys hear about it? Can't find anything on the park website...

Thanks.

Headed down to the park tomorrow for the Lex Luthor ERT. Then gonna hang out at the park for a few hours. The loop looks great from the freeway as well!

What's with all this ert lately and how do you guys hear about it? Can't find anything on the park website...

Thanks.

It is for ALL Season Pass Holders (not just Gold). SFMM sends their bi-weekly newsletter out and in the top right corner, it says "Season Passholder Bonus" and what ride the ERT is on.

To subscribe to the newsletter, go to soxflags.com/magicmountain and click around the site until you see a banner (almost looks like an ad) on one of the sides of a page that says something about "Stay In the Loop" and click it. Them you can sign up.