TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

If I were to guess - they're going to announce the completion of the loop, much like some parks make a big deal of "topping off" lift hills on regular coasters.

I was at the park today. Yolocoaster's loop looked like it hasn't changed since the last update posted here from a day or two ago. It does look pretty cool in person though, what's up of it so far anyway.

Green Lantern & Gold Rusher were closed all day. Apocalypse, Viper, Revolution, Goliath, and Ninja were all walk-ons. Tatsu, Riddler's, Batman, Scream, LL:DOD, and Colossus had small waits, 20-25 minutes tops. I didn't get a ride in X2, that is usually the busiest ride but the crowds were small so I assume it wasn't as bad as usual for X2.

Superman was only running one side, but it seemed like it broke down for a bit while we were in line, after 20 minutes we left for greener pastures.

Park did close at 6 pm, I wish my friends didn't lollygag as much as they did or we'd have at least gotten on X2 as well.

Excellent weather as well, overall a nice day at the park.

I was at the park today. Yolocoaster's loop looked like it hasn't changed since the last update posted here from a day or two ago. It does look pretty cool in person though, what's up of it so far anyway.

Green Lantern & Gold Rusher were closed all day. Apocalypse, Viper, Revolution, Goliath, and Ninja were all walk-ons. Tatsu, Riddler's, Batman, Scream, LL:DOD, and Colossus had small waits, 20-25 minutes tops. I didn't get a ride in X2, that is usually the busiest ride but the crowds were small so I assume it wasn't as bad as usual for X2.

Superman was only running one side, but it seemed like it broke down for a bit while we were in line, after 20 minutes we left for greener pastures.

Park did close at 6 pm, I wish my friends didn't lollygag as much as they did or we'd have at least gotten on X2 as well.

Excellent weather as well, overall a nice day at the park.

Glad to see what kind of waits to expect next week when I go. I'm going this coming Sunday as we pass through Valencia en route to Disneyland, (which I expect to be a bit busier since it's a weekend), and will hitting up the Mountain again on Thursday. I know a lot of schools are on Spring Break this week but next week SB should be more or less done and over with...less of the YOLOcrowds perhaps? I can live with 20 minute waits though you definitely can't go wrong with walk-ons!

WHAT. I never thought the drop would be that steep! *Crosses fingers for some ejector airtime*

I completely agree! I hope the brakes in the middle of the drop dont ruin the airtime!

The brakes, as they stand now, start at the apex of the drop. At that point, you'd start to drop back into your seat anyways. So it shouldn't affect the airtime.

Edited by COASTER FREAK 11

Thanks for the pics Rob! I'm absolutely stoked now with the loop completed. It's huge when you compare the guys attaching the ends of the final track...they look like ants!! I believe everyone who's seen it personally and say that photos don't do justice. And yes, the last drop looks crazy steep! I think the trains having no OSTR's will play a big part of how intense this ride will be, especially going thru the first gianormous inward loop! Can't wait for testing!!

Edited by Arkhamar